Responsible for geological technical work and studies. This includes:
· Integrating geological, petrophysical, geophysical and other field data as required to understand both regional geology and reservoir architecture.
· Performing field evaluation studies, development planning, resource maturation and risk mitigation. Contribute to G&G component of Field Development Plans.
· Designing and executing modeling studies. Update and build geologic static models utilizing Petrel suite of Software, capturing the range in uncertainty.
· Strong contributor within subsurface teams to the selection and evaluation of drilling candidates. Participating in definition, design and planning of data acquisition programs in collaboration with the well team. Supervising geological operations and QC deliverables on well site when required.
· Providing QA/QC of all geological work and ensuring that work is performed according to company best practices and standards. Capture, share and implement lessons learnt to improve workflows.
· Providing technical expertise on specific topics (e.g. sedimentology, structural geology, basin modeling, reservoir characterization, reservoir modelling, fractured reservoirs, geostatistics etc)
· Developing and preparing proposals for studies and coordinating internal or external execution. QC and apply study findings.
· Test and evaluate new technology, workflows, and software. Coordinate R&D projects.
· Contributing proactively to technical proposals, reports, and presentations to partners (workshops/TCMs), internal processes (assurance/peer Review) and technical authorities as requested.
Acting as representative in various technical conferences and workshops.
Internal and external interfaces
Requirement to maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding and cooperation towards promoting client’s interests and achieving results:
· With Geoscience and Reservoir Engineering teams: contribute proactively to development studies.
· With Drilling: ensure close cooperation and communication with subsurface teams.
· With Functional / Assurance management: bring technical support to reserves audits and peer review teams, ensure implementation of good practices.
· With partners and local authorities: prepare data and reports, contribute to communication facilitation, discussions and presentations to partners and local authorities.
· With contractors: handle execution and quality control of outsourced work and studies.
· PhD / Master’s degree or equivalent in geology Master’s degree or University Degree (Bac+5) in relevant discipline or equivalent
· PhD / Master’s degree or equivalent in geology/petroleum engineering with at least 15 years of experience.
· Strong geological background, from regional basin and stratigraphy interpretation across diverse geological settings, including glacial depositional environments .
· Hands one experience of geomodelling; clastic reservoir characterization, including diagenesis modelling and advanced knowledge of fracture modelling (e.g. Petrel).
· Has led, contributed to, compiled and documented FDP and Well Proposals.
· Extensive experience in operational or JV role.
· Previous rotational experience in remote working environment is a plus.
· Excellent inter-personal skills, with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to integrate subsurface and other disciplines into a multi-years project.
· Delivery of high-quality work against challenging timeline and in rotational environment.
· Good communication skills and the ability to effectively present and discuss results and issues, and to provide the technical base of decisions. and to influence on decisions
· Fluent in English (oral and written)
· Fluency in English and French is required. Arabic is preferred.
Monthly rotational assignment 28/28. Missions and meetings in Algiers/London may also be required.
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.