Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Digital Solutions Developer to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TS&PD).
TS&PD is responsible for driving and promoting stakeholder engagement for the Company’s s stainability technologies.
The Digital Solutions Developer’s primary role is to conceptualize, prototype, and launch digital solutions (e.g. web-based tools) to support senior leadership in effectively presenting and communicating business and strategy decisions related to the Company’s technology and R&D activities within the sustainability sector, and aligning those activities with business priorities.
- Develop accessible, agile, and creative software solutions to be utilized in the department’s technology research and outreach initiatives.
- Leverage extensive full-stack developer knowledge, skills, and experiences to directly support the deployment of a range of digital solutions, including: automation tools, web solutions, dashboards, as well as custom development of data models and algorithms that will be applied to data sets.
- Develop full-stack solutions based on best-in class stacks (React.js, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- Manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.)
- Use data science knowledge to analyze a large amount of raw information in order to find patterns
- Create and use advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Develop Web Applications and other digital solutions.
- Present strategic information using data visualization techniques.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Product Design, Data Science, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least seven years of professional experience in software engineering, including at least five years as a specialist in digital solutions development.
- Highly analytical, problem-solving skills are essential for the role.
- Passion for new technologies and staying up-to-date with the latest development and trends is essential.
- Multiskilled with expertise across the software development lifecycle and toolset.
- Strong analytical capacity, able to address complex challenges and contexts.
- Creative thinker with entrepreneurial spirit for bold innovation and high-impact solutions.
- Ability to understand and promote business opportunities across the Global energy value-chain.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic communication skills, with high degree of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Hands-on self-starter, with engaging ‘can do attitude’.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure, and to effectively overcome adversity.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.