Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek a Directional Driller to work in their facilities located in Midland, TX for a 6-month contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Plans, executes, and manages all phrases and aspects of a directional drilling job; including critical and high-profile projects, to deliver quality service that meets all Company expectations and requirements.
- Coordinate directional tools, equipment, and logistics, related to directional project at rig/well site.
- Follow policies and procedures relating to directional operations.
- Maintain and verify rig/well site inventories of directional tools and ensure that adequate numbers of tools are available and meet predefined specifications.
- Responsible for the safety and security of all rentals and any owned directional drilling equipment.
- Direct and supervise the drilling of straight, deviated, and horizontal well intervals, make course corrections, and assist in achieving planned directional well profiles.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of directional drilling techniques used in the areas of operations.
- Initiate and maintain proper directional drilling procedures in both standard and non-standard situations.
- Solve directional drilling problems.
- Work to maximize drilling efficiency of directional assemblies/equipment by continually monitoring well conditions and operating paraments.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of directional drilling tools and equipment.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submissions of all job-related documentation including Daily Reports, Motor Run Summaries, Transfer Tickets, Service Interruption Reports, and all Post Well Deliverables.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting on all directional related field incidents/failures through a Service Interruption Report (SIR).
- Provide operational details surrounding incident, suspected cause, pictures of equipment/assemblies involved and recommended actions to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain close communication to develop a productive working relationship.
- Inform Company of unusual conditions during job, provide directional drilling recommendations as required and make certain service quality is maintained.
- Conduct Pre-Job discussion to determine project objectives and Post Job review to discuss lessons learned during project.
- Keep assigned Directional Drilling Superintendent thoroughly informed daily, regarding the status, equipment performance and progress of the project and all future equipment and project requirements.
- Continue self-study and attend required training and schools to keep skills proficient on current job-related technology and Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE)
- Actively support and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Enforce Company Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Previous education & experience required:
- Typically, 10-15 years of experience.
- Oil & Gas experience
- Drilling background
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.