Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The mission of the Learning & Competencies team is to develop skills within the workforce that support career development and help meet ConocoPhillips’ strategic objectives. As the Director, Functional Learning you will lead the team responsible for the development of functional learning innovations and learning programs for all non-petrotechnical disciplines. Areas where cross-functional learning is needed for these functions or for technical disciplines, such as digital skills or financial acumen, are in scope. The team Functional Learning team also includes employees specializing in learning design and development.
The Director, Functional Learning role is an excellent development opportunity for an energetic leader who has an interest in elevating the performance of the broader organization through skills development. Leading a team of 8-9 employees, the role requires engagement and networking with global functional leadership, Talent Management Team members, and key Business Unit stakeholders to develop high-impact learning plans. You will lead Learning Advisers as they develop learning programs and strengthen stakeholder management, integration, and influencing skills in collaboration with the business.
This role can be based in Houston, TX or Bartlesville, OK.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Develop enterprise-level strategies to upskill, and reskill, the workforce to meet core and emerging functional skill needs
- Engage with functional leadership to develop and deliver modern learning programs in service of function and BU strategies and business goals
- Functions served will include Digital, Finance, SD / ESG, Commercial, Supply Chain, Land, DEI, Human Resources, Legal, and other functions
- Oversee the Leads for the Digital and Finance Early Career Development programs
- Collaborate with the broader Learning & Competencies team to design and deliver globally innovative training solutions, engaging learning experiences, and opportunities to apply learning
- Maintain strong relationship with functional skill owners to ensure learning programs focus on high-priority and most impactful upskilling opportunities
- Maintain regular connection with Manager, Digital Tech, Strategy & Planning to ensure digital upskilling programs are aligned with the Digital Strategy. Define an enterprise-level strategy to upskill and reskill the workforce in alignment with our corporate priorities and digital skill requirements and lead Digital Learning Advisor efforts to advance programs across ConocoPhillips
- Oversee leads for the Digital early career rotation program (Navigate) and Finance early career program
- Form and lead a Functional Learning Council that meets quarterly to help guide and advocate for functional learning programs. Serve as digital learning representative on the Technical Learning Council
- Lead and optimize Learning & Competencies learning design and development resources
- Collaborate with leadership to identify skills required for current and future success (skill gap assessment) and determine the highest value opportunities for upskilling and reskilling across functions
- Build an influential network of people to support programs
- Work with functional SMEs and external suppliers to determine the optimal learning/skills resources (internal or external)
- Manage relationships with current 3rd party learning providers (e.g. LinkedIn Learning, Third Term Learning) and evaluate and select other upskilling platform(s) aligned to strategy and plan
- Identify and manage a set of KPIs to measure efficacy of learning programs; use data to drive continuous improvement of programs and processes
- Coach, mentor, and develop team, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Finance, Business, Information Technology, Engineering, Human Resources, related field, or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- 3 + years learning or skill development experience
- 3+ years of experience in facilitating and managing several projects simultaneously
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodations) to travel 15% on a yearly basis
- 5+ years oil and gas experience
- 3+ years of experience partnering and/or consulting with key business leaders
- 1+ years of experience building strong relationships and achieving results through exceptional interpersonal skills that help drive, inspire, and influence collaboration
- 1+ years of experience utilizing multiple principles, tools and delivery methods within the following disciplines: organizational effectiveness, change leadership, organizational design, and learning and development
- 1+ years of experience in building key elements of the required infrastructure to support upskilling programs in large organizations
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning, and implementing skills development programs
- Intermediate proficiency in MS O365 applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams
- Intermediate knowledge of industry and innovative technologies that are being introduced
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Understanding of business processes, policies, procedures, and contracts
- Builds positive relationships across organizations that foster a strong work environment
- Ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines in a team environment
- Positive, constructive “can-do” attitude with commitment to all ConocoPhillips SPIRIT values
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility and positivity
Apply Before: January 26, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.