This company develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. This company offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for leading the technical development, implementation, and engineering execution of various renewable projects within the EPC team (especially PV & BESS), and is responsible for both the management and development of overall engineering team.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering or another senior management personnel that the VP of Engineering may designate.
This position is open to fully remote candidates or candidates located in Irvine, CA. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position may be expected to travel at least 25%.
- Lead all stages of project design and engineering, including conceptual and advanced system design, observing regulatory codes, customer requirements, balance of systems, site visits, permitting and technical support during construction phase;
- In collaboration with other team members, contribute to the completeness to design and deliver PV, BESS, and other renewable projects;
- Lead the technical tasks in preparation of proposals, projects, and the review of potential project/supplier acquisition opportunities;
- Report on the planning and technical design, and present it to the Vice President of Engineering;
- Work in a team to develop and improve the system standards;
- Work closely with the team to define company processes and metrics, and plan and allocate resources across existing programs to ensure strategic alignment and needed technical trainings;
- Build a quality culture of continuous improvement that enhances company efficiency and engineering quality;
- Drive a safety culture that embraces both a “Responsibility to act” and “Show by Example” approach;
- Supervising compliance with company – project specific standards;
- Supervising compliance with the requirements of the company’s quality management system;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering science, with the working knowledge within several fields of engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years of professional engineering experience in the Solar / BESS industry;
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience leading a team;
- Extensive technical experiences on photovoltaic and energy storage projects;
- Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools (preferably PVSyst);
- Knowledge of PV/BESS/etc. plant design and optimization;
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and various Standard Industry Codes;
- Willingness to travel, at least 25% of the time;
- Ability to motivate and develop others;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.