One of our major clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Diving Safety Specialist to work within their facilities in St. John’s, NL on a multi-year contract.
- Conduct evaluation of project engineering and participate in review of the equipment, policies and procedures used in the program.
- Participate in audits and dive scope Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRAs).
- Ensure offshore compliance to company policies, plans and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor diving operations, drills, and equipment tests.
- Assist with investigations of accidents, incidents, and near misses.
- Event reporting as per C-NLOPB OHS regulation requirements.
- Assist in preparation of field permits related to diving operations.
- Document lessons learned and opportunities for improvement.
- Be familiar with the condition of the vessel(s) and diving system, capabilities and limitations including the dynamic positioning system, life support, emergency procedures and hyperbaric evacuation.
- Meet all competency criteria for the appropriate category of Offshore DSS detailed in the current CSA standard Z275.4 (Required
- 10 years of experience as a saturation diver / diving supervisor (required)
- Minimum of 2 years in an Operator DSS role (required)
- DSS Certificate issued by the Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC) (Required)
- Conform to the competencies set out for offshore dive safety specialists in CSA Group standard Z275.4, Competency standard for diving, hyperbaric chamber, and remotely operated vehicle operations.
- Basic Survival Training including HUET / HUEBA (Asset)
- Skills in Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio) (Asset)
Schedule: 40 hours per week (onshore) and 12.5 hours per day (offshore)
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.