The primary function of the Document Controller/Specialist is the quality of Document Control products and services to project teams and compliance with project excellence.
- This role will be accountable for the implementation of existing document control specifications.
- This role will be accountable for tracking contractor and vendor deliverables throughout the project lifecycle (recording revisions, revision purposes, distribution, and transmittal histories).
- This role will be accountable for the reliability, irretrievability, and traceability of the project data.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence in a timely manner. Ensuring that each applicable metadata field is accurately updated and maintained in each Master Deliverables Register Preparing and implementing squad checking documentation in accordance with procedure and distribution matrices.
- Preparing accurate status reporting based upon the metadata designations and submitting at the determined frequency (per project basis).
- Alignment with the Document Control standards and ensuring any deviations due to project-specific needs are controlled and traceable.
- Providing back-up document control support as needed on other projects.
- 5-7 years direct document control experience within an Enterprise, Oil/Gas, or Energy industry required
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel 2007.
- Experience with, and comprehension of, deliverables management (revision control, deliverables registers, squad checking and libraries).
- Experience with, and comprehension of, transmittals and correspondence management.
- Experience in implementing document management systems to support physical and electronic environments.
- Ability to converse and convey ideas, facts, and issues clearly, accurately, coherently, and professionally to a diverse project team.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills – via email, phone, etc.
- Selected candidate will be required to sit on site in Covington, LA.
- Candidates local to Northshore/Covington or Greater New Orleans area required Preferred Qualifications:
- Awareness of basic offshore oil and gas fixed equipment (piping, pressure vessels, and tanks)
- Awareness of Asset Integrity Management programs and methods for evaluating fitness for service for fixed equipment
- Demonstrated document control experience supporting asset integrity management activities for offshore oil & gas operations strongly preferred
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.