Downhole Mechanical Tech.
|Duration||1 year contract position with potential to convert to full time|
|Schedule||Monday to Friday|
- Performs maintenance on down-hole electronics and other equipment used in the application for down-hole tools
- Areas of specialization may include electronics aptitude, computer skills, surface equipment, and down-hole tools
- Performs maintenance, calibrations and inspection on downhole electronical equipment
- Assembles and disassembles down-hole tools or KITS
- Packing and Unpacking of incoming/outgoing tools (require lifting)
- Maintains surface computer and sensor systems
- Repairs Electrical connectors
- Inventory management and control
- Completion of high school; additional technician (Electronics) training an asset
- Previous Experience in operating heavy machinery is an asset but not require (Forklift, overhead crane, Break Out Machine, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand Eng. Drawings, but will train
- Comfortable using Multimeter, torque wrenches, chain tong, soldering equipment etc.…
- Able to lift max of 60 LB
- Basic computer skills required – SAP, Microsoft Office is an asset
- Able to work alone or with others and able to stand for long period of time
- Attention to detail or multi-tasking is an attribute
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.