Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Drafter within our La Porte VCM Plant located in La Porte, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as the highest priority.
- Support multiple OXY facilities with all aspects of drafting needs. Drafting needs may include updates to mechanical, piping, structural, civil, instrument, and electrical drawings, provided at the direction of the design team or approved red-line drawings.
- Support the facility in piping, minor structural, and minor civil modifications with necessary drawing updates through Management of Change (MOC) action items.
- Coordinate drawing management activities using the OXY drawing management portal/program Adept. Assist by searching for drawings, checking out any drawings, and adding new or modifying existing drawings in the database. Provide support to outside engineering firms by exporting or importing relevant drawings. Reconcile any CAD drawing files into the drawing management portal. Add new drawings to Adept both electronically and manually through a scanner/plotter. Become an expert in the Adept drawing management program and provide training to others as needed.
- Manage and issue new drawing numbers to internal and external groups for design.
- Review plant piping specifications, structural support specifications, maintenance procedures, and guidelines for plant specific mechanical designs.
- Assist the facility inspection department with UT (thickness testing) location maps and isometric drawings for piping and equipment.
- Participate in any planned and unplanned plant outages with the ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Complete any additional responsibilities assigned by plant management.
- Owns workload and able to meet commitments with minimal oversight.
- Regularly present to plant leadership and other team members for drafting updates.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of drafting experience with the use of AutoCAD.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD / Navisworks software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Kofax or other PDF editors.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Must obtain a TWIC card prior to employment.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple tasks at a time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team. Must be able to develop strong relationships with plant personnel, managers, engineering, maintenance, and construction personnel.
- Self-motivator who is results driven and continuously striving for improvement. Demonstrate eagerness to learn and progress to a mechanical designer.
- Physical Requirements- Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator and harness. Must be able to work from elevation and heights. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Associates degree in applied sciences in drafting and design technologies (or equivalent)
- Experience with drawing management databases, such as Adept.
- Experience with Microsoft Access databases.
- Experience assisting 3rd party engineering teams with drawing requests.
- Relevant experience in chemical manufacturing facility. Experience officed within a plant working to support general plant needs and small capital projects.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Engineering Support
– United States-Texas-LaPorte
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.