- Ensuring that all Drilling & Wells and 3 rd party equipment & materials for operations stored at the Obite site are available on time, in proper working condition and have passed the necessary QA/QC requirements.
- Ensuring that all Drilling & Wells equipment are managed correctly (inspected, assembled, tested, properly stored…) at Obite storage location
- Ensures proper co-ordination of materials with other departments (Technical Logistics, Procurement, etc.).
- Ensures personal commitment to Company policies, standards, codes of conduct and HSE requirements. Representative of the Company Drilling & Wells Division based at Obite /Obagi.
- Supports to the Head, Materials & QA/QC and the Manager in providing support and driving performance to a diverse range (Rig-based, SEWOP, barge and Rigless operations) of floater and Non-floater (Onshore, Classic offshore and Deepwater) based Drilling & Well activities
- Works with other departments and assets (JV, HSE, GSR, FOPS, ECP, Asset integrity, HQ, C&P, PAR, finance, logistics, tech log, etc) ACTIVITIES Co-ordination / Organisation
- Provide reports regularly (daily / weekly) on HSE and Operational activities to head of materials & QA/QC
- Liaises with Drilling & Wells teams, TechLog, relevant entities and Contractors to ensure optimization of Management, Inspection, QA/QC and well equipment preparation.
- Liaise with contractors and organize delivery and collection of equipment, to ensure optimal usage and value for money and avoid rental equipment to standby, misuse or damage.
- Works with other engineers and supervisors, shares experience and best practices, initiates and reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintain good communication with all entities at OML 58 and between logistics sites (Onne, New Pipe yard) to ensure smooth management of equipment and materials. Technical
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience in QA/QC and Inspection technologies, and techniques (MPI, DPT, UST, EC, etc.)
- Understand the application of various inspection standards & codes (API, ASTM, ASNT, etc) in defining rejection criteria after inspection
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions i.e., Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity and Fluids
- Participate in the Company sharing of professional experience through REX
- Follows up Preparation, Testing and Loading of equipment & materials stored at the site for Drilling, Completion and Intervention operations
- Prepare and implement storage, Inspection & Maintenance plans in line with Company and industry standards for Equipment and Material at Obite: Short-, medium- and long-term storage
- Prepare and implement QA/QC (API Q2) plan and procedures in line with company and industry standards for management of Equipment and Materials at Obite before storage, during storage and prior to issuance for operations. Material Management & Logistics
- Maintain accurate inventory of all Drilling & Wells as well as 3rd party Equipment / Materials at Site
- Closely monitor the stored OCTG for early detection of corrosion / defects: pitting, cuts, dents, thickness loss, etc.
- Co-ordinate and supervise inspection of Drilling / Wells OCTG according to defined schedule and well-specific requirements
- Apply a cost-conscious method and mindset in assessing and confirming rejected tubulars (partially defective ones to be recommended for salvaging)
- Checks loading and off-loading of equipment and materials on behalf of superintendents, in coordination with logistic supervisor/representative and Site Lifting Specialist
- Ensures that appropriate equipment is effectively shipped as per instructions, company’s HSE policies, cargo manifest and international standards. Proper packaging of material to rig / operational sites is essential
- Organizes equipment and materials storage for optimized efficiency and control with respect to in/out movement of equipment & materials.
- Performs entries in UNISUP in relation to Logistics Management and procedures.
- Follows up Material Management in close co-operation with stock buyers and warehouse personnel.
- Raises simple Purchase Requisitions for stock materials and Non-compliance Report to purchasing team Manages and stores relevant communication with 3rd parties and contractors with respect to the Obite and associated storage sites
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of references
- Track QA/QC and Inspection KPIs for Drilling & WellsTeams, Contractors, 3rd parties and otherassets
- Maintain good interface with other entities (TechLog , ECP etc) for the optimisation of Inspection and Mobilisation activities.
- Ability to work on his/her own initaitve with minimium supervision, working to meet deadlines , high degere of organisational ability and an effective communicator with contacts at all levels.
- The goal is to ensure the best assistance to the Drlling and Well activities by ensuring the delivery of equipment in time , in compliance with specified safety and techncial standards, by supervising and vlaiating stockmaterial issued and transported to operational locations.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to CompanyEnergies and statutory HSE policies, standards and codes of conduct and drives / ensures compliance of same within the team and contractors
- Actively participates and ensures team participation in Company safety awareness/initiative schemes, safety observation & anomaly reporting and audits to ensure the contractors are compliant.
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring
- Initial formal education: Technician
- Minimum of 8 years relevant technical experience with onshore and offshore Drilling Well engineering roles.
- Prior experience (desirable): Engineering Operations / Inspection / Technical Audit roles
- Very Knowledgeable in drilling engineering/ operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures and Standards, Stock management, Materials handling and Logistics
- Knowledge of relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies and associated actors in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.
To apply for this job please visit amaidenenergy.com.
Be the first to comment