Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips is Alaska’s largest crude oil producer and largest owner of exploration leases, with approximately 1.2 million net undeveloped acres at year-end 2022. The company produced an average of 200 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2022. ConocoPhillips has major ownership interests in two of North America’s largest legacy conventional oil fields, both located on Alaska’s North Slope: Kuparuk, which the company operates, and Prudhoe Bay. Additionally, ConocoPhillips operates several fields on the Western North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
The Drilling Engineer provides drilling engineering planning, operational support, and ensures CPAI operated wells are permitted, planned, and executed in a safe, cost effective, timely and environmentally responsible manner, adhering to all company core values and policies as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Plan safe, environmentally sound and efficient well operations through collaborative efforts following the Well Design & Delivery Process and related policies/requirements
- Ensure well design and operations comply with corporate management standards and regulatory requirements
- Provide technical support during operations
- Monitor and analyze operational progress against plans and follow up on significant problems with corrective actions
- Incorporate lessons learned into future procedures
- Prepare and archive relevant documentation for well operations
- Assist the Drilling Superintendent in the coordination of rig requirements and day-to-day events
- Provide engineering and technical support for significant planning events and during critical well operations
- Participate in the evaluation and operational implementation of technical innovations for continuous improvement and knowledge sharing of drilling operational performance
- Coordinate and monitor activities of primary contractors and third-party service providers to ensure acceptable contractual performance
- Maintain continuous and timely communications with the key internal stakeholders
- Assess and manage risk with appropriate contingency planning to assure operational integrity
- Participate on the Incident Management Team as required and attend IMT Trainings and annual exercises
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of Wells related experience
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel to visit field locations (North Slope) up to 10% annually to review safety, technical issues, and operating practices
- 1+ years experience with managed pressure drilling and multi-lateral junction systems
- 1+ years experience with WellCat, WellPlan, Compass, CasingWear, Spotfire
- 1+ years experience working in a self-directed team with high performance expectations
- Advanced level written, oral, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level data analytics skills for driving performance improvement culture
- Advanced level multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Ability to serve as mentor to less experienced Engineers
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility and positivity
Apply Before: January 26, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.