Date: Sep 7, 2023
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon is currently seeking an experienced Drilling Engineer. The successful candidate will design, plan and execute the safe, efficient, and cost-effective drilling operation for wells. Also responsible for working closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to arrive at the most feasible and cost-effective well designs.
- Conduct operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Promote safety and environmental expectations with employees and contractors
- Provide fit for purpose well design (casing, directional, cement, and mud programs) and drive continuous improvement through innovation to deliver results that align with business unit goals
- Take a “One Team” approach and collaborate with other disciplines within the Asset Team to develop well plans that ensure drilling activities support broader team goals
- Maintain detailed drilling procedures in conjunction with field personnel to enhance performance; lead spud meetings with onsite supervisors and contractors to create a common view of success
- Daily engineering support of ongoing operations through communication with onsite supervisor and superintendent
- Identify positive and negative variances to the drilling plan and engage internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges, document best practices, and implement across the rig fleet
- Generate cost estimates and track variances for assigned operations
- Challenge the status quo and embrace a dynamic team environment; be adaptable to change
- Give and receive feedback, take accountability for deadlines and quality deliverables
- Monitor KPIs and provide meaningful input in quarterly, contractor business reviews
- Establish and ensure meaningful working relationships with contractors and regulatory personnel
- Assist in the regulatory permitting process while keeping informed of applicable governmental regulations and ensure compliance within area of responsibility
- Communicate technical issues and can act as a company representative at industry technical forums and in dealings with business partners
- Maintain and drive business ethics across the organization
- The person in this role will be expected to spend ~85% of his work time in the Office and ~15% in the Field.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any US employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of drilling engineering experience of operations in various environments.
- Experience in US Land Resource Plays.
- 2+ years of Drilling experience in the Permian Resource Basin (Bone Spring, Wolfcamp, Woodford).
- 1+ years of field based drilling experience.
- Strong knowledge of applicable software is preferred (e.g. Wellview; Compass; StressCheck; MS Office Suite; Spotfire; etc.).
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Engineering || Not Applicable || || 31737 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Compliance, Engineer, Technical Support, ERP, Legal, Engineering, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.