Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Performs and directs drilling engineering functions to support complex drilling operations; and leads major drilling engineering projects that require original or unusual analysis and solution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides sound drilling engineering methods and procedures to be used on assigned drilling problems.
- Executes and accomplishes assignments and studies in areas outlined in the scope-assuring conformance to overall objectives of all phases of drilling operations in areas including drilling penetration rate optimization, new drilling technology and drilling studies.
- Capable of providing technical support for many types of drilling wells including complex multi-lateral and extended reach (ERD) horizontal oil and gas wells, HPHT gas wells, offshore and deep water and unconventional wells. Wells include power water injection and producing wells, exploration wells and all kinds of workovers including HST’s.
- Proficient in analyzing advanced drilling data and the performance of new or existing drilling techniques to determine a need for or benefit from studies, recommendations and/or modifications with respect to unit costs and operating efficiency consistent with established.
- Performs and prepares various studies and reports on drilling subjects then provides recommendations, alternative proposals and preliminary design and program outlines with statistical cost data, economic analyses, back-up data and charts and presents, or assists in the presentation of study and proposals to Management, technical and operating groups.
- Initiates detailed work outlines and performs or delegates to DE-II work for final development of technical proposals and studies of proposed projects.
- Discusses, coordinates and is able to resolve any problems in assigned areas with personnel throughout Aramco and with outside
- organizations to ensure that conclusions and recommendations of work conform to and are consistent with overall company objectives and requirements.H. Assists in the training and indoctrination of new personnel, SA engineers and engineering aides.
- Delivers sound technical assistance and advice to operating divisions on complex drilling operating problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; preferably in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years, such that incumbent is clearly recognized as a senior drilling engineer in his field.
- The initiation, development and completion of major engineering studies requires a high degree of intelligence and imagination and comprehensive knowledge one or more of the areas of Petroleum Engineering and can serve as Consultant, Coordinator or Project Engineer on assigned drilling projects.
- Position often requires original and unique approaches and solutions to difficult and diversified drilling engineering problems.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.