Join our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Drilling Operations Team Leader – Offshore Operations for a residential role based in Kuwait.
What we do
Petrofac Well Engineering (formerly SPD Ltd) is an independent specialist Well Engineering company with an absolute focus on our core expertise. Our objective is to stimulate creative dialogue with our clients to optimize total project value. Well Engineering has a wealth of experience planning and managing well operations projects worldwide. The initial company, SPD Ltd, was established in Dubai in 2002 and has worked in over 50 countries, for over 100 operators and in all drilling scenarios and terrains.
- Accountable for performing all duties with due regard to the health, safety of self, others and of the environment in which they are undertaken.
- Accountable for compliance with Petrofac well management system standards, processes and procedures and relevant Client and legislative requirements.
- Provide assurance to Petrofac wells teams to deliver project objectives
- Assure engagement between all internal stakeholders and service companies to ensure that objectives for well construction, well intervention and/or well repair are set and fully detailed in the procedures for each well.
- Continuously improve the quality of work completed by Petrofac well engineering.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and repeatability of project delivery in accordance with the Project Delivery Process
- Provide continuous support and management of personnel within the company.
- Mitigate against single point failure risks / bottle necks per project.
- To respond to peaks and troughs in activity levels and provide vacation cover within project teams as required.
- Responsible for assurance of execution phase activities across all operational projects
- Responsible for second approval of operational programme amendments via the MOC process
- Responsible for line management of and regular engagement with Drilling Superintendents and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a smooth transition of assurance responsibilities from the detailed planning phase to the execution phase with the Drilling Engineering Team Leader.
- Provide discipline leadership on emergency response exercises, operational readiness reviews, rig selection, acceptance, start-up and onboarding processes as they relate to assurance during detailed planning and for the start of execution phase activities.
- Attend Major Accident Hazard and Operational Risk Assessment workshops per project.
- Responsible for supporting Drilling/Operations Superintendent
- Actively manage the duty manager rotas for all execution phase duty requirements: rig operations and operate and maintain phase duty rota’s.
- Approval authority for discipline area on key project documents
- Delegated authority within the drilling discipline as required and by prior approval.
- Lead technical auditor for incidents within area of responsibility.
- Actively participate in the integrated review of projects within area of responsibility, i.e. key documents, peer reviews, risk reviews etc
- Provide technical support to all within their discipline
- Responsible for competency assurance for the personnel with their discipline.
- Support people planning process and resource requirements identification with Drilling Project Manager
- Provide cover when resource gaps are identified
- Approval authority for actions following non-conformances raised during 3rd party quality assurance inspections of sub-contracted equipment
- Lead contingency planning and preparation for unforeseen issues in coordination with the engineering team
Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (preferable but not essential)
- Broad knowledge of Well Construction activities including Drilling, Completions, Well Testing, and Well Services/Intervention activities, in multiple regions / environments and on a range of rig / asset types.
- Hold a valid IWCF supervisor well control certificate
- Experience of rig selection, acceptance and start-up activities
- Experience of rig site supervision of drilling and completions operations
- Working knowledge of rigsite operating procedures and risk management
- Excellent working knowledge of Drilling and Well Operations and equipment
- 20 years of Experience
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.