Drilling Optimization Engineer
If you are an experienced Drilling Optimization Engineer looking to enjoy work-life balance, then please read on…
Precision Drilling has an opening for a Drilling Optimization Engineer, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, long-term disability coverage, a free fitness membership steps away from our offices and product discount programs.
- A casual work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Precision has a competitive vacation and PTO offering including afternoons off before a long weekend.
The Drilling Optimization Engineer will take a key role in driving operational performance through our Alpha™ Suite of Technologies. This position identifies inefficiencies in drilling performance, evaluates directional drilling trends, and provides technical advice on drilling parameters and practices that will improve drilling performance. This position will also collect and analyze data to prepare and present pre-well and post-well reports.
- Work closely with our customers to understand drilling program objectives, challenges, and performance goals.
- Understand our customer’s drilling challenges and identify specific Alpha™ technologies and/or drilling solutions to deliver performance improvement.
- In collaboration with our customers and Operations teams develop, monitor, and report on Alpha™ Digital Well Plans adherence and performance results.
- Support customer performance improvement initiatives.
- Monitor real-time data throughout drilling operations for assigned rig lines.
- Learn and assist with recognizing trends in real-time data which relate to improvement opportunities or the health of the well and the avoidance of drilling hazards.
- Develop daily reports with the remote operations center, which include essential measured data and descriptions of activities, trends, and recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare incident reports if drilling inefficiencies lead to substandard performance or downhole tool failure.
- Collect and apply drilling data to operations improvement (both real-time and recorded).
- Assist with and ensure Precision essential personnel have access to real-time information or are informed in a timely manner of improvement opportunities or trends that suggest potential drilling hazards.
- Assist field operations personnel with data analysis and decision-making in addition to assisting customers with the use of apps related to Rig Automation.
- Provide support to operations as required including after-hours support.
- Work closely with our customers and rig automation teams to support the deployment of new technologies.
- Support the development of new applications by integrating customer feedback with well construction and drilling engineering best practices.
- Support Precision Operations teams in Alpha™ new product roll-out.
Knowledge & Skills
Understanding of fundamentals of drilling practices and procedures.
Ability and willingness to learn through practical on-the-job training (both office and field).
Ability to interpret changes in multiple time and/or depth-based measurements and how they can be used to recognize improvement opportunities or mitigate hazards.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work with diverse professionals comprising of clients, stakeholders, vendors, operations team, rig team and engineering peers.
Contribute to sustaining a positive, progressive, and supportive team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited University or related Technology diploma.
Must be registered or eligible for registration at the time of employment as a Professional member or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) with APEGA.
3 years or more related experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.