Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Supervisor (P&A), based Offshore.
* Reports to and is accountable to the company’s P&A Superintendent for the safety, environmental and operational effectiveness of the operations offshore.
* Responsible for providing operational and HES oversight for the Well Operator, confirming that the well programme is followed and executed in a safe and efficient manner with respect to safety, environmental and operational considerations.
* Acting as company’s Competent Well Operator Representative – Responsible for Well Handover and for oversight of Well Operations on wells in operator possession.
* Responsible for ensuring that, in carrying out abandonment operations on the MODU on behalf of company, The Rig Provider maintains adequate organisation, planning and effective controls, to carry out operations safely and efficiently and with due regard to health, safety and environmental matters.
* Responsible for informing the company’s P&A Superintendent of any significant problems or deviations from the abandonment programme and for advising of the requirement for Management of Change, where applicable.
* Responsible for providing a direct independent communication link between the company onshore and the drilling unit offshore.
* Responsible for ensuring that operational issues are communicated to both The Rig Provider/Well Management Company and Service Company Personnel offshore, where required, and Responsible for liaising with the Well-Safe Protector OIM (and as required; the WSS Abandonment Supervisor), on matters relating to safety and the environment with respect to Well-Safe’s abandonment operations for the company.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant industry experience in supervisory drilling offshore roles.
* Current L4 IWCF Well Control Certificate.
* Required to undertake 3-On/3-Off (week) offshore rotation.
* Full and valid certification for offshore work in the UKCS (Survival/Medical/MIST etc).
* Ideally, experience of Well Handover and familiarity with Platform Production Trees and Wellheads.
* Ideally, experience of the control of Management of Change.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056197.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.