Date: Aug 15, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. The company operates in North America, Europe and Africa. Our strategy is focused on the lower cost, higher margin U.S. Resource plays that are liquids rich. Our playbook is simple: a strengthened balance sheet, relentless focus on costs, simplifying and concentrating our portfolio, and profitable growth within cash flows.
Our Compliance Analyst thrive on providing excellent service to Global Supply Chain in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Qualified candidate must have the ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of work. They are our subject matter expert for any compliance topics.
- Dynamic, detailed oriented, self-starter who works collaboratively, and is driven to deliver accurate and rapid results
- Required to balance and prioritized high work volumes
- Intermediate analytical skills with the ability to identify and trouble shoot problem areas and errors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage third-party audit program
- Perform post-payment desktop audits and pursue supplier credits for any discrepancies identified
- Collaborate with commercial teams and internal business partners to identify audit candidates
- Perform data analytics in support of commercial teams
- Execute monthly, quarterly and annual management self-tests and document detailed results
- Prepare leadership updates relating to compliance activities
- Manage and resolve invoices in the OpenInvoice Queue which contain Price Book and Purchase Order alerts
- Identifies, recommends, and implements process improvements that reduce workloads or improve outputs
- Various projects in support of Supply Chain
- Provide backup support for vendor creation and maintenance
- Degree: Bachelors required
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience; e-commerce, invoice compliance, audit, commercial or data analytics experience
- Computer Skills: SAP and OpenInvoice experience required. Advanced MS Excel skills (Vlookups & Pivot Tables) and Master Data Governance (MDG) experience preferred.
*Hiring Manager may hire at a higher grade based on experience level.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Global Procurement || Not Applicable || || 31210 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Supply Chain, Procurement, Compliance, ERP, Supply, Operations, Legal, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.