Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Economist you will be accountable for the provision of accurate, clear, and concise economic evaluations to the decision-makers within ConocoPhillips. This role will report to the Supervisor of Planning & Economics, and effectively integrate into a multi-disciplinary team, be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work under deadlines. The role is ideal for building upon an existing financial background and continued development in strategy and economic evaluations.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Develop, maintain, and run economic models, primarily using Excel
- Act as the economic spokesperson for project teams in meetings with internal peer review teams and managers
- Coordinate with Asset/Finance team to generate LRP/Budget/Outlook forecasts, ensuring all deadlines are met on a timely basis, allowing adequate time for management review
- Will also partner with S&PM team in support of the LRP
- Respond to various inquiries and provide support to local management in decision-making and the understanding of business results and projections
- Generate ad hoc economics as and when requested (Sensitivities, Well economics, etc.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Engineering, related discipline, or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in finance in the oil and gas industry
- 3+ years of experience using economic modeling skills utilizing tools
- Intermediate proficiency with upstream project cash flow construction, economic measures of merits, and other financial metrics
- Intermediate proficiency in MS O365 applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and Teams
- Intermediate knowledge of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, related discipline, or foreign equivalent
- 1+ years of experience with budgeting, Long Range Planning
- 1+ years of experience preparing and delivering presentations to leaders
- 1+ years of experience facilitating multidisciplinary teams in problem solving sessions a plus
- Intermediate knowledge with Decision and Risk Analysis processes and methods
- Strong focus on quality control and ability to start and finish tasks independently
- Invites new ideas to gain an exchanged opinions and influences with confidence to drive positive performance and achieve business results
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on dedications by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 7, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.
Be the first to comment