|Description of Project/Role and Main Responsibilities|
E&I Engineer will be part of a team of discipline engineers with responsibility for ensuring the safe and efficient operations of Electrical and Instrument systems and equipment. The position requires the identification, prioritisation and planning of electrical & instrument system maintenance and reliability improvement activities according to their Safety and Operational criticality. T
Key responsibility areas:
· Provide responsive technical engineering advice and service to Operational and Functional Teams in an accurate and timely manner.
· Provide insightful and key Asset performance improvement inputs.
· Contribute to the technical development of junior staff.
· Develop and maintain networks and relationships with key peers and colleagues.
· Keep an abreast with up to date knowledge to any new initiatives and developments within specific engineering disciplines.
· Capture any opportunities to new or improved technologies in order to optimise the Operations, increase the reliability and optimise the costs during the full Asset life.
· Supervise and manage contractors, as necessary, to achieve the required work output.
· Perform administrative tasks in an effective and efficient manner and contribute to the achievement of Asset/Resource Team goals and objectives.
|Candidate’s qualifications, professional experience and skills required for the position|
- Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Familiar and previous experience with project management principles and fundamentals
- Hold valid or able to undertake HUET and BOSIET Certification
- Understanding of Risk Assessment
- Awareness on Safety Case and Bowties approach on Major Accident Hazards
- TUV Functional Safety certification.
- Extensive experience in the Oil and Gas industry or other similar Heavy Industrial environment, preferably including a substantial period of direct engineering support to operational Offshore and Onshore facilities.
- Strong technical Knowledge and proven design, construction, commissioning and operational experience in the following areas:
- ATEX / DSEAR Electrical and Instrumentation Systems
- High & Low Voltage Generation Systems (Both Islanded and Embedded systems)
- High & Low Voltage Distribution Systems
- High & Low Voltage Motor Control Centre’s
- High Voltage (Static) Variable Speed Drives.
- Switchgear, Synchronous Generators, Induction & Synchronous Motors, Transformers, Lighting, Cables and associated support systems.
- Protection Application (Switchgear, Generators, Motors, Transformers, Cables
- Knowledge of : – DCS / PLC Process Control Systems, ESD, F&G Systems, Field Instrumentation & Metering systems
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.