Stonehouse – United Kingdom
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Electrical Engineer also assists in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion. These activities are performed in line with company strategy, and in conformity to relevant standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
Qualifications and competencies:
- BS or MS: Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Freshout candidate or less than 3 years experiences
- Strong mentoring/training skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.