Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical Engineer within our La Porte VCM Plant located in La Porte, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide electrical engineering expertise for capital projects and studies.
- Executing approved projects including providing technical direction and assistance, coordinating with project and program managers, supervising the work of engineering consultants and contractors, and participating in inspections and start-up of electrical equipment and plants.
- Completing studies and various requests for electrical engineering assistance such as electrical design basis, electrical specifications, and reviewing cost estimates.
- Providing technical support and training for plant electrical engineers and electricians.
- Assuring corporate policies, procedures, and standards are followed by self and contractors.
- Maintaining technical expertise in codes, procedures, selection and application of equipment and technology through individual effort and ongoing training.
- Travel as needed on project assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years’ experience in a chemical or manufacturing site preferred.
- Experience working with consulting engineers.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments up to $10,000,000 value.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Professional license.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-LaPorte
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.