We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Summary of Role:
- Lead engineer for product line maintenance and manufacturing readiness.
- Provides engineering guidance to support product line maintenance and technology transfer to the manufacturing environment.
- Identifies complex manufacturing process problems and develops solutions and improvements, evaluates product designs for manufacturability, and works with design engineers to improve costs and/or enhance quality.
- Provides product assistance and troubleshooting across multiple electromechanical product lines and may direct activities of assigned support personnel and other engineers on a project basis.
- Performs both engineering calculations and various statistical and financial analysis as required.
- Develops and documents process flows, tooling, jigs, fixtures, test equipment, procedures, etc. using appropriate engineering tools.
- Will support the Engineering Change process.
- Interacts with suppliers to evaluate technical capabilities, to develop processes to ensure adherence to Halliburton’s quality requirements and to help investigate any technical quality issues.
- As part of the product line maintenance activities, aspects of electronic design support will be required.
- Applies industry standards and regulations in design, testing and evaluation.
- Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization.
Maintenance & Manufacturing (primary function)
- Support Technology Transfer (Documentation and Training)
- Product Support to Operations
- Product Support to Manufacturing
- Troubleshooting of operational issues
- Product Line governance and continuous improvement
Design & Development: (secondary function)
- Electronic and Software/Firmware design
- Design Documentation review
- Participates and facilitates electrical Design Reviews
- Create Test Instructions, perform tests and generate reports
- Evaluation and Testing of electronic systems at all stages of development
- Create Product Support Documentation (e.g. Design Standards)
- Creation of new Intellectual Property
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose prototype and production tools (Surface & Subsea Electronics, Downhole Electromechanical Systems)
- Production methods for electronic systems
- Design of electronic test programmes
- Specification of electromechanical systems
- Electronic circuit and PCB design
- Software development for PCs and embedded systems (desired)
- High temperature and rugged electronics (desired)
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 5 years of related experience. Completion of a Masters in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available
445 Woodline Drive, Spring, Texas, 77386, United States
Requisition Number: 92247
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.