Sugar Land – United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and organize requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain Oil Field Services Stimulation and Coiled Tubing DH equipment and assist in their commercialization.
- Understand firmware configuration, lifecycle, legacy source code and revision control management
- Prior experience of working with DSP/FPGAs from TI and microchip controllers like PICs preferred
- Design and implement tests, document results, and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Be SME (Subject Matter Expert) for land and offshore Stimulation and Coiled Tubing surface equipment to provide timely support to the field operation. Analyze field data and conclude root causes, propose and implement short term and long-term solutions. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch or visiting wellsite worldwide. Provide user training remotely or at wellsite.
- Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Work with supply chain, manufacturing, and vendors to build new equipment or rebuild existing units.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Embedded Software, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electrical Computer Engineering
- Knowledge and experience on data acquisition and control electrical system design
- Knowledge and experience on industrial communication protocols, such as Modbus, Profibus, RS232, RS485, Ethernet and Wireless, etc.
- Knowledge and experience on sensor technology, Automation, PHM (Prognosis Health Monitoring), engine and transmission.
- Knowledge and experience on Human Machine Interface (HMI) and firmware programming based on SCADA framework, C/C++, MATLAB, etc.
- Hands-on experience with assembly, integration, troubleshooting, or maintenance of control system programs and other electrical hardware configurations.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorhsip.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.