- Support the overall project lifecycle for the integrated development, execution, operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects for the Company covering solar, wind, battery energy storage systems and other systems / infrastructure complementing the projects
- Support the deployment of the latest power plant technologies, project management, and asset management best practices to enhance both the successful construction of the projects, and operational efficiencies of the power plants in order to maximize company revenues.
- Act as a subject matter expert and imparts leadership and support to the group providing technical guidance, training, and facilitation of the transfer of knowledge to the Project Company O&M team and ensure that best industry practices are identified & adopted for all relevant group technical activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Development Support
• Participate in the implementation of growth plans by supporting the conduct of project due diligence, evaluating feasibility of development and/or acquisition of new projects, and supporting in development of financial models.
• Support evaluation and due diligence of suppliers of major equipment and services by review of quality and service, as well as, the contractor’s ability to deliver based on business needs and timelines.
• Support oversight of project value chain, specifically project interfaces between project development (contributor), construction and commissioning and hand-over to internal
• Support coordination with all internal support groups (in a matrix organization), as needed, for the administrative and commercial management of the project.
• Follow-through final commercial close-out of the project including completion of all outstanding claims, liabilities and commitments; act as focal point for the projects in coordination with the appropriate support group for the process.
• Support oversight and management of all site project teams, both direct and matrix team members, including day to day project operations, project scope and schedule performance, budget monitoring and controls.
• Support management of project schedule and budget while securing compliance to set standards on quality, safety, environment and community relations, etc., through regular discussion and coordination with contractors, suppliers, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders.
• Support management of relationships with contractors and other suppliers to control adherence to contract agreements.
• Ensure regular project reporting of project status to senior management; ensure compliance to all necessary permits, approvals, regulatory compliance, as needed, at local and national level.
• Monitor project status and support decisions on key project issues within approved limits of authority with senior management, major contractors and key suppliers.
• Monitor and support efforts on project risks and opportunities, and maintain such as a living document/process; review project status by monitoring KPIs and parameters.
• Support asset management team to assist in developing internal control and compliance functions to address compliance by stakeholders.
• Plan and execute periodic assessment of Project Company business processes and verify alignment with corporate policies and procedures
Operations & Maintenance
• Provide inputs for operability and maintainability of projects
• Support Project Company O&M group for operations and maintenance planning.
• Support oversight of asset management plans of all plants and look for best practices as well as areas for implements and make the necessary recommendations.
• Manage the resolution of company-wide issues and completion of identified action items and initiatives.
• Perform such other tasks as assigned by Immediate Supervisor from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical and/or Civil)
• Professional: At least 8 years combined experience in power plant development, engineering, construction and/or operations and maintenance of utility scale PV solar plants, preferred. Demonstrated deep technical subject matter (electrical, mechanical and/or civil) knowledge and its applications to projects, project management experience with project P&L, schedule and cost responsibility for major capital projects.
• Computer literate, proficient in MS Project, word processing, spreadsheet applications and presentation tools.
• Basic management and problem solving skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal–relations skills.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.