- Salary – £50,000 – £65,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Annual Company Bonus
- Annual Leave – 25 days increasing to 28 after 6 years’ service
- Defined Contribution Pension – Maximum contributions: Employer 16% / Employee 11%
- Hybrid working – 2 days remote working
Our client is a leading nuclear technology company that specialise in supplying advance technology to the nuclear sector.
A vacancy has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to join their on-site Technical Services team based in Capenhurst, Chester.
- Carry out all duties to the highest standards of health, safety, and environmental requirements
- Implementation of electrical safety standards in equipment designs
- Production of detailed technical specifications including equipment functional specifications and system descriptions
- Specification and design for drive system hardware, medium frequency distribution and single machine drives
- Modelling and simulation of electrical systems including performance, rating calculations and harmonics
- Working with subcontractors including checking and approval of detail design drawings to confirm compliance with standards
- Checking of suppliers’ test specifications and attendance of tests at suppliers’ factories and customer sites
- Provide routine maintenance, trouble shooting and training support to customers for their existing systems
- Liaise with key internal and external interfaces to ensure the satisfactory delivery of work
- Presentation of information for design and safety reviews
- Carry out development activities to generate new products and to improve existing ones
- Analyse plant process, commissioning, and test data and to establish areas for performance and efficiency improvements
- Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
- Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline
- Experience in the design or application of variable speed drives in an industrial environment, including an understanding of power quality and EMC
- A good understanding of electrical safety and capital investment protection
- Experience of MV/LV distribution, standby generation and UPS would be an advantage
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and specifications
- Ability to lead technical discussions with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Experience of work with a range of subcontractors in a multinational organisation and supervision of the provision of design information by subcontractors
- Practical experience of equipment testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy.
For more information, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.