LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 60601
Why you should join us:
Does the idea of working in an integrated company, supporting site-wide electrical power generation and transmission to ensure regulatory compliance and reliability of systems excite you? We are looking for a motivated professional to join our Regional team and support our electrical regulatory compliance group. As an expert in your discipline, you will establish and maintain working relationships with important partners like generation, transmission & distribution, information technology (IT), business leaders, system administrators, auditors, consultants, and vendors in order to produce the best results for existing and new power generation and supporting assets.
You will use your expertise to:
• Support the creation/review of Suncor internal Standards and Procedures related to Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Operations and Planning (O&P) Alberta Reliability Standards (ARS)
• Support the creation of annual Self-certification packages
• Support AESO audits or spot compliance audits
• Identify and report suspected contraventions, complete MSA self-report forms on behalf of Suncor business areas
• Define, collect, and perform Quality Assurance to regulatory evidence
• Support training and testing programs to ensure Suncor employees meet all applicable internal and external compliance requirements
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for a specific set of ARS and/or ISO rules
• Support Regulatory Projects to be in compliance with existing and/or new regulations and/or company expansion projects
• Work and interact with regulatory organizations such as AESO, MSA, AUC, WECC, NERC
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Business Management / Information Technology / or related fields with a minimum of five years of related work experience
• Related to:
o Electrical regulatory compliance (ISO rules, CIP, and O&P ARS/NERC)
o Familiar with Cyber Security (IT/OT)
o Generation/Transmission/ Distribution of power
o Operational and/or Project Coordination
o Quality Assurance/Quality Control
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment, positively influence others, and develop strong internal and external relationships
• Understanding of AESO, MSA, AUC, WECC, and NERC rules, regulations, standards, and audit process and execution
• Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
• Three or more years of experience with SCADA Systems, Power generation / transmission, and/or Power system coordination
• Good understanding of Project Management fundamentals
• Registration with APEGA as a Professional Engineer or eligibility to register within the province of Alberta and/or PMP, NERC, CISA certification
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
• You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
• Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
• We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
• Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.