2X Electrical Supervision and Commissioning Manager (contract or permanent role, both considered)
Location: France (Dijon, La Rochelle, other location), also open to travel abroad when needed
The candidate must be able and flexible to relocate from projects based in Dijon or La Rochelle to other projects. Dijon and La Rorchelle is just the beginning and then maybe you have to relocate or work in parallel with other projects.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Team Head of Electrical Supervision & Commissioning Management
1.1 Job Description To manage, supervise and realize the construction of the Electrical System of the solar plant and the related grid interconnection works of the project.
To assure a safe, reliable, and high-quality implementation of the electrical share of our construction works.
Quality assurance for all electrical installations on-site (main components, DC/AC, LV/MV/ communication systems installations).
To manage and create the Commissioning plan of the project and coordinate Commissioning Teams from suppliers and subcontractors.
To execute the testing and commissioning planning of the solar power plants.
To align with grid operators, utilities, and external parties and authorities, to achieve a safe, on-time and in budget, energisation, and operation of the project.
1.2 Responsibilities The Electrical Supervision and Commissioning Manager is responsible for:
- Review and comment on the realization electrical drawings prior to the commence of construction.
- Coordinate with the electrical designers and Electrical System of the solar plant grid managers, of the company, for the correct implementation of the design, specifications, and requirements for the construction of the solar plant and the related grid works.
- Find out, list, and monitor the fulfilment of all relevant codes and standards of the respective scope.
- Constantly align with team Operations/Construction to ensure best possible project realization.
- Coordinate electrical subcontractors during design and execution of project in cooperation with the on-site team.
- Coordinate and align with the on-site electrical manager of the subcontractor and resolve any clarifications on the realization design, and on the specifications of materials and components.
- Contact, manage and coordinate external freelancers for electrical related works, testing and activities of the project.
- Daily on-site supervision of the electrical works of the project.
- Technical guidance of foremen for electrical installations.
- Interfacing with suppliers, manufacturers, sub-contractors, utilities where necessary.
- Creation, and submission of weekly reports with photo evidence to the Construction Manager.
- Review of the Quality Check lists, submitted by the electrical subcontractor, making sure that the subcontractor is following the Quality Assurance guidelines of the company.
- Quantity Control of materials and components delivered on site and used during construction by the subcontractor.
- Verifying sub-contractor’s as built documentation of electrical systems against actual status.
- As the Electrical Responsible of the project, each Electrical Supervisor is reviewing and checking the electrical qualifications and certifications of engineers and technicians who are performing any electrical works or activities on-site, for competence and compliance according to related experience, International and National norms.
- Early-stage and final planning of Testing and Commissioning of the solar project in coordination with the respective teams in Engineering, Procurement and Construction as well as Business Development and EPC Project Management.
- Early-stage and final planning of Testing and Commissioning of Grid interconnection related works, including MV and HV substations, together with required Grid Compliance Testing.
- Develop and define a specific testing and commissioning strategy/plan depending on the project´s size, location, and complexity, together with all involved project team members and external parties.
- Create and maintain, the project’s documentation defining the Testing and Commissioning processes and procedures and update all related Testing and Commissioning documents to project specifications.
- Review and approve test results from tests performed by the certified testing subcontractor.
- Coordinate all the activities from all suppliers’ and subcontractors’ commissioning teams for both Cold and Hot Commissioning period.
- Main point of contact and coordinator during the day of Grid Connection-First Energisation of the solar plant and/or the MV or HV substation.
- Assuring a safe, smooth, and successful transition phase between initial operation/first energization and PAC, followed by handover to O&M.
- Support the designated Project Manager and the Construction Manager, in all the phases of the project.
- Monitoring and assuring conformity with all QHSSE-related issues on site and realize the project safely, on-time and in budget.
Electrical Certification: LV, MV
Languages: French (good level), English (good level)
Open to profiles coming from Grid Operators, subcontractors or someone coming from Oil&Gas.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.