Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Technician on a permanent basis based in Point of Ayr, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- The safe and efficient operation of installation electrical systems and equipment while acting as Responsible Person in accordance with legislation
- Complete the duties of the Responsible Authorised Electrical Person when nominated and deemed competent by Authorising Engineer in accordance with Client Electrical Safety Rules
- Conducts isolations and de-isolations of electrical equipment, in a safe manner within discipline, as per client Electrical Safety Rules.
- Stop, start, and synchronise the HV and LV generation systems and equipment as required.
- Carry out switching on HV and LV distribution systems and drilling generators to support production, as required.
- Apply and remove busbar main earth.
- Alter electrical protection settings as required on HV and LV distribution systems as directed by the Authorising Electrical Engineer.
- Isolate/de-isolate electrical systems and equipment in accordance with electrical working precautions.
- Company Operating Procedures and Standards, including;
- LV small power distribution system
- LV battery/UPS system
- HV distribution system
- Safeguard the reliability, availability and “fit for purpose” operational condition of electrical systems and equipment, sufficient to meet the operational availability targets of the terminal.
- Keep up to date with electrical working legislation and regulations.
- Assist specialist contractor personnel as necessary in the undertaking and execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activity and tasks on Electrical Equipment.
- Ensure work programmes and schedules are completed safely, efficiently, effectively and within planned timescales.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience in diagnosing and resolving maintenance and / or operational problems and / or identification of opportunities for improvement
- Act as competent person, when required, in witnessing contractor tests on electrical systems and equipment.
- Maintains the electrical power generation and electrical power distribution systems in a safe and operable condition, thereby ensuring production targets are achieved.
- Prepare work orders and work permits, requiring isolation as appropriate to progress maintenance activities.
- Carry out effective troubleshooting to maximize Plant efficiency, identify spares required, and initiate ordering of same.
- Input accurate data into SAP for recording of working time (Time writing) and historical data.
- ONC level ‘Electrical’ or equivalent
- Successful completion of recognised apprenticeship
- Knowledge of PTW system
- Knowledge of REP
- Knowledge of OPITO Emergency Response Standards
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- EX Electrical / Instrumentation Equipment Maintenance
- HV Switching
- Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- Process Fundamentals
- Computerised planned maintenance system (preferably SAP)
- Permit to work system awareness (preferably ISSoW)
- STOP and/or Synergi awareness or equivalent
- Manual Handling
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.