Our valued client, a large Oil and Gas company are looking for an Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technician (EIC Controls Tech) on a long-term contract basis. The position is set to last for 18 months working near or around Rocky Mountain House, AB.
The EIC Controls Technician Intern will apply their skills and aptitude (or education) to assist in repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices, and ancillary equipment. This position is a junior / entry level experience opportunity.
This position also operates and maintains natural gas compression and auxiliary equipment, operates and maintains assigned equipment in a manner to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements, maintains core operational task qualifications, and will be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
What you’ll do
With support will assist in performing installation, testing, repair, and maintenance on compressor station equipment, and other facilities relevant to the pipeline system
- Troubleshoot, test, & maintain shutdown devices, fire & gas systems, auxiliary systems, HVAC systems, relief and Over Pressure Protection devices, control valves, PLC’s & control systems
- Perform routine and major maintenance on gas turbine packages, gas compressor units, meter station asset equipment and associated auxiliary equipment, assist with pipeline asset maintenance
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
- Oversee the safe and efficient completion of projects and ensure facilities and personnel comply with safety, health, environment, and risk standards
- Actively control and manage external contractors working on facilities (ex: roofing repairs, outage support, weed spraying, tank inspections)
- Procure materials and components for corrective maintenance and manage within budgets for the facilities Provide support to our business partners as required
- Valid Journeyman Electrician certification with the ability to work in Alberta Junior / Limited exposure accepted
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Great communication skills and a positive team orientated attitude
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.