- Vacancy information
We have a vacancy for Electrician for our upcoming projects.
The Electrician reports to the Chief Electrician and is responsible for the daily running, maintenance and repair of all electrical/electronic installations, machinery automation and DP systems, navigation equipment and communication systems onboard the vessel to ensure the equipment is kept ready for immediate operation.
All personnel are expected to adhere to the HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to adhere to the culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Maintains / repairs the DP System, navigation and communication equipment.
- Checks that any company or client’s electrical /electronic equipment mobilised onboard is suitable and compatible to the vessel electrical supplies.
- Checks that the above equipment complies with Rules and Regulations for electric equipment.
- Maintains a spare part stock for electric /electronic equipment.
- Maintains a detailed log where all maintenance is recorded.
- Maintain an ongoing list of proposed work on the electrical system.
- Maintenance of the vessel IT system
- Working closely with the deck engineers to ensure the correct maintenance / fault finding and operation of all deck equipment (permanent and mobile)
- Promptly advising the Chief Electrician if any 3rd party assistance is required.
- Responsible for the operation of isolation permits.
- Responsible and qualified to undertake High voltage system maintenance and fault finding.
- All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Recognized relevant academic qualifications or evidence of having completed an appropriate apprenticeship within an electrical trade or Marine Electro Technical Officer compliant with Section A-III/6 of the STCW Code as amended by the 2010 Manila amendments.
- Experience on any similar types and size of vessel. For Example: Rigid Pipelay/ Heavy lift, Diving, Renewables & Heavy lifting, Construction / Vertical Flex-lay and Construction/ Horizontal Flex-lay.
- High voltage qualification for service in designated high voltage vessels.
- Recognized DP Maintenance certificate.
- New recruits to the Company should have a minimum of “1” year’s rank experience.
- Appropriate knowledge of ship’s Safety Management System (Ref: ISM Code)
- Completed Security Awareness training relevant for the position (Ref: ISPS Code)
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.