Are you a highly motivated problem-solver looking for a techno-commercial challenge? Come and join a team of like-minded colleagues committed to making a real difference to the energy transition.
Where you fit in?
You’ll be joining a new and exciting department in Shell’s Power Technology division. The Electrification Technology group is creating the business of the future by deploying today’s & developing tomorrow’s integrated electrification products, ranging from power to heat to electrification of large drives and the associated electrical systems. Electrification is one of the key enablers to achieve deep decarbonisation alongside other technologies such as biomass, carbon capture, and hydrogen. The team consists of a diverse range of technical and commercial enthusiasts all looking to make a difference to the energy transition.
What’s the role?
As an Electrification Technologist, you will be responsible for the technology development differentiated electrification solutions with specific focus on power-to-heat technologies for industrial customers in Shell, Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES) and hard to abate sectors.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Technology development – Ideation and discovery of technologies. Conduct technical due diligence Manage technology development funnel for short, medium and long term in areas of electrothermal. Provide techno-economic analysis of new technologies/opportunities.
- Technology deployment – Identify opportunities and lead the assessment and development of electrification opportunities. Seamless integration of technology development into a selective project portfolio, and support of opportunity development in electrification.
- Collaboration with Products team to translate technology to product offerings
- Collaborate with partners and universities on technology development
- Drive HSSE excellence for all staff and operations with special emphasis on work conducted externally.
What we need from you?
It is your excellent technical and commercial expertise, end-to-end integration and stakeholder management skills, ability to rapidly learn and passion in the Energy Transition
Other key skills and requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher from a leading institution in process/chemical engineering, aerospace engineering, physics, electrical or mechanical engineering with strong components of renewable power solutions, electrification technologies (power-to-heat products, storage, digital etc), power systems, high voltage systems and design
- Experience in relevant fields such as: process system design, product development, R&D, thermal engineering, carbon & energy management, utilities
- Familiarity with oil and gas, petrochemical, and industrial sectors a plus.
- Track record in R&D, technology maturation and product development including gated process. Project management experience a plus.
- Experience in IP strategy, development and management.
- Ability to learn fast and operate in natural teams and matrix organisation
- Demonstrated relationship management experience at different levels of the organisation with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Continued commitment to deliver HSSE excellence for personnel and operations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in among other exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of oil products, chemicals, electric power, renewables and energy solutions.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment