Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Employment Tax & Share Scheme Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* HMRC filings: STBV (Short Term Business Visitors), PSA (Paye Settlement Agreement) and Form 42 (Share Filings).
* Internal project management of share campaigns, taxable events and administration.
* PSA – prepare annual PSA for the company and provide support to 4 other UK affiliates annually to ensure PSA calculations and returns are filed with HMRC by 31 July and liability is settled by 31 October.
* STBV – provide support to the company, working with external service provider, and 9 other UK affiliates on procedures and reports to HMRC on STBV schemes.
* Form 42 – maintain annual tracker of taxable events for unapproved share schemes (CIS and PSG campaigns) from scheme rules. Communicate this to all UK affiliates HR departments. Request details of all awards in good time so that they can be consolidated into Form 42 template for the UK group. Submit template to HMRC after review by HR Management.
* Keep up to date with any changes in relevant tax legislation or HMRC practice and communicate this to HR contacts in all branches.
* For the second aspect (Share Scheme Administration)
* Provide support as required by Country Correspondent on the preparation, roll out and delivery of the annual Capital Share Scheme (discounted opportunity to purchase shares). Typically, this will include.
– Reviewing scheme documents prepared by Group with UK Reward and International Mobility Manager
– Presenting tax implications for local UK employees and international employees in the run up to the launch of the offer.
– Preparing employee communication letters, tax elections, loan agreements and other documents for local UK employees and internationally mobile employees
– Checking that all tax elections signed within time limits.
– Calculation and communication of £sterling share price on relevant dates
– Review of UK taxable amounts prior to HR Payroll processing via UK payrolls
* Whilst the majority of the deadlines fall within the first half of the year, the individual will work to support the UK Reward, Payroll and Benefits Teams on other matters such as:
* Policy and Process Development
* Share Scheme Communication
* Contractual and operating matters relating to UK HMRC approved scheme (SIP)
* Benefit in Kind Management and Processes
* Other items can be defined based on the individuals’ skills and knowledge.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to a higher level with substantial on the job experience in the field of employee share schemes, both approved and unapproved
* Understanding of how employee taxes work in relation to share schemes and other taxable items listed above
* Strong numerical and analytical skills with methodical approach and rigorous attention to detail.
* Computer literate and experienced user of various applications primarily Excel, SAPHR and PowerPoint.
* Well-developed organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritise and manage a heavy workload within tight timescales and set deadlines.
* Required to ensure reliability of data to provide management with the necessary information to assist in their decision making.
* Required to work closely with management and Corporate and Asset HR teams in circumstances which often require diplomacy and tact.
* The ability to define problems, analyse data, identify solution, and present recommendations is essential.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064464.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.