Enabling & Infrastructure Supervisor South
- Support the Industrial Area Superintendent on site ensuring that the Contractor is fully conversant with all Company and Project Electrical / Instrumentation related standards and procedures.
- Support Industrial Area Superintendent overseeing Electrical and Instrumentation works performed by Contractors/Sub-contractors with reference to Quality Assurance and Control including contractor’s and sub-contractor’s conformity to Detailed Engineering design and specifications.
- Support Industrial Area Superintendent overseeing Contractors/Sub-contractors performing installation, testing and calibration of a newly deployed electrical systems and equipment.
- Act as primary Supervisor for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents to make sure the sequence is as per the Construction Level-3 Schedule.
- Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts to stick to the level-3 schedule.
- Witness and participate in Vendor site activities as required
- Ensure that planning, coordination, execution and follow up of all installation/pre-commissioning /commissioning activities are done in strict compliance with the Detailed Design/specifications.
- Anticipate problems by checking in due time planning aspects related to all interfaces issues during Electrical and Instrument installation/pre-commissioning and commissioning works
- Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
- Supervise the following Site Electrical / Instrumentation interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned to the following: Company & Construction Contractor, Construction Contractor / Sub-contractors and Electrical / Instrumentation Vendor representatives & construction site personnel
- Support the Industrial Area Superintendent and other Discipline Superintendents on all aspects of Electrical / Instrumentation activities and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
- Liaise with Other disciplines as it might be required to improve effectiveness of Team and to achieve project objectives and targets
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
- Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
Context and environment
- HND or equivalent in Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry specifically infrastructure/construction projects, with thorough knowledge of codes and standards relating to electrical and instrumentation works.
- Hazardous Area installation and inspection experience is an advantage.
- Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives.
- Previous experience with other major IOC’s/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
- Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
- . Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills as well as a good level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Project Management, Site Construction/Supervision, Support/ Project Management
Region, department, area
Experience level required
Minimum 15 years
TOTAL E&P UGANDA BV
Exploration and Production
About us / company profile
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. www.total.com
In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com.