Company: Precision Drilling Company, LP
Location: Louisiana, Haynesville Division
Work Schedule: 14 on and 14 off Rotation
The Engine Mechanic will Inspect, analyze, test, measure, repair and perform full or partial overhauls on any of the assemblies and sub-assemblies of heavy-duty Diesel engines. Perform entire engine disassembly and reassembly (Inframe/Outframe) to restore engine to pristine condition. Ensure that all tools and test equipment are fully serviceable prior to start of repair work and are fully accounted for after each repair. Attention to detail is critical: mechanic must be proactive, meticulous, organized, work independently, and take ownership of duties.
- Review and discuss work order requirements with foreman. Document/photograph current condition of engine and/or sub-assemblies prior to commencing repairs.
- Use Original Equipment (OE) or aftermarket engine diagnosis software, inspect engine to troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, injection/control, electromechanical and electronic systems to isolate the subsystems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Perform all tests and repair in strict compliance with the engine manufacturer’s service manual and bulletins.
- Inspect parts like hoses, belts, pulleys, fuel system, exhaust system, and other possible troublesome items for wear ahead of the engine breakdown or damage.
- List parts to be replaced referring to manufacturer’s manuals and diagrams.
- Present job hours/cost estimates and parts replacement to foreman for approval.
- Upon approval of work, perform necessary adjustment, repair, or overhaul.
- Perform post-overhaul/repair checks for leaks or malfunctions.
- Document inspections, test results, repair work done, and parts replaced for proper billing and record upkeep.
- Keep work area neat and clean. Use personal protective gear and follow shop safety practices as required while working
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of diesel engines using electronic diagnostic equipment/software.
- Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of related mechanical and electrical systems components – turbo, injection, EGR, pumps, alternator, starter, drive train, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of diesel engine assembly practices, specifications, and requirements.
- Effective analytical skills and the ability to identify the problem quickly.
- High comprehension skills to understand automotive diagrams and reference manuals.
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing communication skills.
- Must understand and always be conscious of safety practices in any procedure.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Strong responsibility and initiative skills
A vocational post-secondary graduate of approved certified diesel/natural gas engine repair/technology program or
Minimum of 5-7 years of experience diagnosing, repairing and overhauling diesel engines, work independently under limited supervision. Minimum 2-3 years of experience using OE engine diagnosing software (PC).
401(k) matching up to 5%
Group Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Health Savings Account (Employer Contributions)
Life Insurance, AD&D & Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Incentive Plan
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.