As an Exploitation Engineer, you have an opportunity to be a key player in a dynamic team of professionals focused on optimizing and expanding our production in the Thermal group. Working with a multi-disciplinary, geographic area team of production, exploration, land and other company professionals, you will use your proven reservoir engineering and field operations experience to provide economic evaluations and analysis that will influence the company’s existing and future assets. Working closely with office and field staff, you will collaborate to identify, justify, recommend and implement optimized recovery methods that ultimately focus on growing production, in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Work in a team environment to identify opportunities and create SAGD, CSS and/or Steamflood (SF) depletion and development plans to maximize the net present value (NPV) of the project
- Responsible to incorporate field data, first principles, analytical/numerical methods to ensure sound technical solutions
- Responsible for monitoring and optimization of the reservoir performance and recovery strategies for the Company’s existing Thermal wells
- Maintain and update monthly and annual production forecasts for Thermal wells using various technical and analytical methods, including input into budget and 10 year plan forecasts
- Evaluate and justify new projects for senior management approval, including scheduling and economic analysis of the investment opportunity for workovers, redrills and pad add projects
- Ensure relevant regulatory and environmental requirements are incorporated in the development plans for the asset
- Calculate, maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the corporate reserves for your asset
- Provide effective regular project updates and technical evaluation reports for senior management
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5×2 – Monday to Friday, 8 hours/day
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of petroleum engineering experience with Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Demonstrated problem solving, communication, organization and team leadership skills
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Proficient at:
- Economic analysis and valuations
- Project management, scheduling, budgeting and reporting
- Software experience:
- MS Excel – formulas, plotting, data analysis
- Mosaic software
- Familiarity with analytics visualization using Tableau and/or Power BI
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 23, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.