We are looking for a passionate Engineer to join our Corporate Quality Assurance (“QA”) team working with the Lead Engineer, team of QA-ABSA engineers, and supporting North American Operations (Horizon, Albian, Thermal, and Conventional). You will be working closely with many diverse groups including Canadian Natural Projects, Facilities, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, and Engineering teams as well as external service providers (engineering / manufacturing) to ensure compliance with various pressure equipment regulatory requirements, particularly ABSA. In this role, stakeholders will expect you to provide proper guidance, recommendations, and resolutions on the day-to-day challenges. Your contributions and expertise within the pressure equipment discipline will help support the safe, reliable, and cost effective operations of Canadian Natural facilities.
- Provide engineering and regulatory expertise including squad check review of engineering deliverables to ensure Code and ABSA compliance.
- Perform Audit Based Design Review (“ABDR”) for registration of piping systems as part of Canadian Natural’s Owner User Manual and ABDR Program accredited by ABSA.
- Review of alteration packages for pressure equipment.
- Review of scope of work to issue “Decision Record”; documenting regulatory decisions/requirements.
- Participate and contribute into Oil Sands OPPSD/OMOPP project.
- Perform in-house engineering/calculation for pressure equipment alteration/re-rating.
- Liaise between ABSA Design Survey and internal business units.
- Job location: Calgary, AB.
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Shift schedule: 5 x 2 – Monday through Friday
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Mechanical is preferred.
- Registered with APEGA, or eligible to register.
- 4+ years of Oil & Gas/Oil Sands experience; 2+ years in the design of pressure equipment/piping.
- Strong knowledge in ABSA, CSA B51, ASME BVP/B31, and API (520, 530, 579).
- Knowledge / Working experience in other provinces’ regulatory organizations (TSASK, TSBC, TSSA) is asset; experience in design survey is preferred.
- Working knowledge of “Codeware Compress”, “PV Elite”, or similar is asset.
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is March 17, 2023. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment