As a Thermal Reservoir Engineer, you have an opportunity to be a key player in a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals focused on optimizing and expanding our Thermal assets (CSS, Steamflood and SAGD) in areas with vast growth potential. Working with a multi-disciplinary team of geoscientists, exploitation engineers, production engineers and other company professionals, you will use your proven reservoir engineering experience to contribute to the maximization of bitumen recovery from existing and new thermal assets in the most economic and energy efficient way. Working closely with office and field staff, you will provide key input to the design and implementation of existing and new recovery methods aimed at unlocking additional economic hydrocarbon resources in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Work in a team environment to identify opportunities to maximize the net present value (NPV) of the project
- Responsible to incorporate field data, reservoir simulation and analytical methods to ensure sound technical solutions and provide technical reservoir input to resolve reservoir performance issues and optimize reservoir performance
- Working within a multi-discipline team to generate production forecasts using reservoir simulation, analytical methods and production analogs
- Use reservoir engineering tools for the technical evaluation of non-routine workovers, completions, recompletions and re-drill / re-entry opportunities
- Keep up to date with industry technological advances on bitumen recovery methods. Evaluation of new technologies and contribution to feasibility / pilot projects
- Lead and participate in best-practice and competitor analysis studies to support the continuous improvement of our thermal business
- Review development and depletion plans and strategies in existing and new assets to ensure that best practices are incorporated
- Provide effective regular project updates and technical evaluation reports for senior management
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5x 2 – Monday to Friday, 8 hours/day
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of thermal reservoir / exploitation engineering experience with a B.Sc. in Engineering & registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Advanced knowledge of fluid flow through porous media and heat transfer physics, as well as PVT and relative permeability modeling
- Skilled in thermal numerical reservoir simulation using CMG suite: STARS, BUILDER, RESULTS, WINPROP & familiarity with data analytics and visualization methods / software would be an asset (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Python)
- Hands on experience with uncertainty identification, evaluation and mitigation for E&P projects and understanding of economic evaluations, project management and the Alberta regulatory framework for thermal bitumen development
- Familiar with the design and operations of CCS and SAGD assets, well completion types, thermal conformance evaluation, NCG and solvent co-injection with steam
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 23, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.