BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Process Control Engineering, or other related field of study.
· 10+ years experience in industrial process control, DCS systems, SIS systems, Field Instrumentation, MicroSoft Operating Systems, Dell server grade PC’s and Workstations, Cisco Ethernet switching networks.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in the design, installation, startup and ongoing support of Honeywell Experion PKS DCS systems and Honeywell PHD/ OSI PI data historians.
· Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical responses at both the management and operator level.
· Possess strong analytical skills to be able to think through a problem, evaluate all of the facts, and reach a satisfactory solution.
· Well organized with the ability to multi-task, work alone or in a team environment.
· Excellent customer support and personal relation skills.
Self-motivated and goal oriented.
Improve Ethane Cracker Unit controls stability. Diagnose causes of instability and implement improvement in instrumentation response, tuning, control loop design, advanced controls and operator interactions.
· Monitor performance of DCS, PHD/PI Historians and Environmental/COCL systems. Identify, troubleshoot and correct all impending view/control issues for Safety, Environmental, Economic, and Mechanical Integrity performance.
· Work directly with Central Control Operators, Unit Supervisors, Unit Process Engineers, and Environmental Engineers to improve unit control/performance within environmental and mechanical integrity boundaries.
· Consult with and train Central Control Operators on control strategies, changes to tuning or control loops, improvement opportunity for their controller interactions.
· Monitor performance of regulatory control loops; including tuning loops and implement alternate control strategies as needed.
· Develop and provide KPI’s and performance reports to demonstrate improvements on process stability, controllers remaining in normal modes, alarm management, etc..
· Work with Advanced Process Controls group towards APC projects definition and implementation.
· Support Alarm Rationalization, OWLs, dashboards and other DCS related improvement projects.
· Troubleshoot and improve robustness and efficiency of sequence controls.
Provide guidance to engineering contractors and Area 6 process controls engineer for all DCS related project activities, including assigning instrument and DCS tag names and system I/O addressing, developing DCS point/graphic configurations and integrating said controls into system. Train operators on new control schemes and support loop-check activities during check-out and start-up of new processes
Context & Environment
· Experienced process controls engineer that can work independently
· Provide on-demand support to Central Control Operators, Unit Supervisors, Area Superintendents, Process Coordinators, Process Support Engineers, APC Engineers, Instrument Techs, Analyzer Techs
Work closely with TotalEnergies and Borealis technical experts, Area 6 business team members and other Boost Team members
As one of TotalEnergies’ six refining and petrochemicals platforms worldwide, the Port Arthur Platform has a daily processing capacity of over 200,000 barrels per day and is our largest facility in the United States. The refinery can process heavy crude oil as well as lighter domestic crudes. It also has a dedicated unit to produce low-sulfur fuels, which reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Why TotalEnergies Port Arthur Platform?
The TotalEnergies Port Arthur Platform is the company’s largest site in the U.S. But your role at the Port Arthur Platform is much more than just a job. The heartbeat of our site is made up of the talented people who work here. If you’re looking for large growth opportunities with the feeling of support that comes from smaller, tight-knit teams, this platform offers just that and more. There are unique opportunities to grow both locally and beyond for those who so desire. We want our people to succeed and our commitment to you is to give you all the training, tools and space to contribute your unique expertise, to not only meet our company’s goals, but also your own.
TotalEnergies operates the Baystar (50:50 JV with TotalEnergies and Borealis) Ethane Cracker within the Port Arthur Refinery complex. The Baystar Ethane Cracker is a 2B USD investment and is a critical part of the RC branch strategy for North America. The unit was first started in September 2021, has worked through several challenges including the redesign / reconstruction of a ground flare and has realized beneficial production since the second half of 2022. However, the Baystar Ethane Cracker still has challenging technical issues to be resolved before fully realizing its potential.
A support team is being mobilized to boost the local Baystar Ethane Cracker business team. This “Boost Team” will be located at the Port Arthur Refinery site. Boost Team members will not be part of the normal day-to-day operations team, but rather will focus on resolving on-going and new technical issues and setting up sustainable systems to ensure long-term successful operations. Members will work closely with the local business team along with technical experts from Borealis and TotalEnergies.
The Boost Team will be a key contributor to the successful realization of a major TotalEnergies strategy. Being a part of the Boost Team is an excellent opportunity to advance your career by working with a motivated team on challenging topics.
To apply for this job please visit totalenergies.avature.net.