Engineering Application Developer
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field and/or 2-5 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks for a specific project phase. Works under general supervision. Technical assurance review is required for the majority of the work products. Has an understanding of how the particular discipline interfaces / integrates with the overall project work scope. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
The Microsoft Power Apps Application Developer will report to the Digitalization Business Opportunity Manager and receive direction from the Data Analytics Lead as part of an Agile Product Development process. Power Apps projects will be pulled in priority sequence from the site’s backlog of opportunities (Fit4MTO). These will be managed to optimize the client’s asset as-a-whole, while progressing each department’s efficiency at a regular cadence. There are lots of competing priorities in this role and the incumbent is expected to support the team balance and deliver on these priorities. Balancing the needs of different stakeholders and effectively prioritizing the Power Apps worklist will be crucial for success.
Client will provide necessary documentation and access to online information and all other required drawings and documentation necessary to perform the job functions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Translate business needs to technical specifications
* Designing, developing and maintaining Power Apps solutions
* Coach and mentor site staff in Power Apps usage & skill development
* Evaluate and improve existing PowerApps solutions
* Collaborate with teams to integrate systems like SharePoint, Power Automate, MS Teams
* Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data
* Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
* Responsible for design methodology and project technical documentation
Skills & Requirements:
* Minimum 5 years’ IT experience with designing and developing solutions.
* Ability to develop PowerApps Canvas Application – Must Have
* Ability to develop model driven application with Common Data Service (MS Structured Database) for specific environments – Good to have
* Ability to develop PowerApps Custom Connector – – Must Have
* Understanding of how to utilize standard connectors – – Must Have
* Understanding of how to use premium connectors * Ability to create MS Flows – – Must Have
* Understanding of PowerApps and Flow native Data Loss Prevention Policies – – Must Have
* Ability to complete Unit Testing, Functional testing and to support baseline testing against rules – – Must Have
* Ability to set up SQL Databases, Create Stored procedures and data views – – Must Have
* Knowledge of Access / Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) – Good to have
* Understanding of PowerBI and ability to integrate with the underlying data area – – Must Have
* Understanding of SPO and PowerApps Canvas Apps within SPO to replace – Must Have
* Ability to analyze existing Shadow IT Solutions (Excel + VBA / Access 2010) design and redesign into a Canvas PowerApp
* Ability to create test scripts and to complete all required application testing. – Must Have
* Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management – Must Have
* Understanding of Microsoft products – Logic Apps, O365 and integration points, Azure + DevOps (VSTS)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.