Role: Engineering Manager
Contract: 12 Months (Outside ir35)
Our Client has a requirement for a Engineering Manager, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Surrey within the Oil & Gas Sector.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in management of engineering teams working in brownfield and/or onshore gas processing projects.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Design management
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures,
- Prepare, maintain and communicate an engineering resource plan, identifying required type and timing of resources.
- Prepare and maintain an engineering execution plan, describing how the engineering will be executed.
- Participate in preparing and updating the engineering portion of the project schedule.
- Oversee the accurately measurement, monitoring and reporting of engineering progress.
- Recognize and report changes to the scope of work, forecast cost, or forecast schedule.
- Provision of quantity trends on detailed design projects
- Design basis
- Being familiar with the contract terms and scope of work, communicate them properly to the engineering staff, and perform all activities required of engineering, as required by the contract.
- Prepare, issue, and maintain a project design basis document. Changes to the document after issue should be considered changes to the scope of work.
- Obtain, document and communicate accurate site data for the proposed facility location.
- Establish and communicate applicable regulatory requirements to engineering personnel, and ensure compliance with those regulations
- Design Method
- Implement inherent safety into the facilities beginning at the layout stage and extending through the end of the design phase.
- Implement Value Improving Practices, as appropriate, to improve the quality of project execution or the value of the project outcome.
- Monitor the quality of engineering specifications which define the work to be completed by others.
- Monitor the quality of PFDs, P&IDs and process data, which provide input to engineering on the project.
- Establish a weight database and monitor the weight of the facilities throughout the length of the contract, if required.
- Initiate and own the preparation, issuance and update of a major equipment list throughout the engineering phase of the project.
- Train, develop & mentor the next generation of Lead Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Design Assurance
- Implement quality assurance methods in accordance with the our client Quality Management System
- Implement an engineering continuous improvement process
- Plan and implement reviews of the engineering method and products
- Plan and implement a method to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Design Interfaces
- Develop and implement methods to effectively interface all engineering activities including multiple our client offices, joint venture partners, third party engineering services and clients.
- Develop and implement methods to effectively interface with (non-engineering) third parties on the project, including Project Management, HSE Management, Quality Management, Procurement & Materials Management, Information Management, Project Controls Management, Construction Management, Licensors, Suppliers, Fabrication Yards and site construction contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of bid packages, purchase orders and subcontracts for equipment and bulk items by preparing technical requisition packages and technical evaluations.
- Implement an effective constructability program, intended to adjust the design to simplify the fabrication and construction of the project facilities.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Senior professional with strong personal drive and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills. Collaborates well in a team environment
- Track record of project delivery in Europe, Australia (strong preference), Middle East or Africa.
- Demonstratable flexibility and ability to adapt to changing project-related priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work within required deadlines.
- Ability to works things through with clients to resolve issues, including conflicting demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts with other groups.
- Abides by the our client Code of Business Conduct and business ethics.
- Excellent awareness of environmental and sustainability issues.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering and possession of a Professional Engineering qualification
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for engineering Managers looking for new employment.
Talascend is a First Recruitment Group company.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.