Occidental is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Environmental Advisor in our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management group (ORCM), at Greenway Plaza in Houston, Texas.
The Environmental Advisor will be responsible for supporting and implementing environmental programs and obligations for our Low Carbon Ventures Business Unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops programs and systems to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local reporting requirements that are applicable to Carbon Capture, Utilization and Sequestration and other alternative energy and resource development projects.
- Interprets environmental regulations and formulates compliance strategies consistent with Oxy policy.
- Ensures all environmental permits, licenses, variances, etc., necessary for construction and operation of facilities are obtained and properly maintained.
- Assists project personnel in understanding and complying with applicable environmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with project personnel to fulfill compliance responsibilities, including inspections, agency correspondence, and permitting requirements.
- Assists with correspondence to governmental agencies, regulatory groups and public outreach.
- Maintains environmental records per regulatory, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Participates in advocacy for legislative and regulatory change.
- Coordinates with contractors and consultants as needed to meet project requirements and timeframes.
- Integrates and aligns individual project components and teams to achieve overall project objective and regulatory compliance.
Required Knowledge Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience with managing and implementing Environmental programs and permitting such as, but not limited to, Stormwater, Wastewater, Waste Management, SPCC, NORM, Wetland and Groundwater Protection.
- Well–developed verbal and written communication skills, problem analysis skills, and technical translation skills.
- Strong ability to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate, and consistently apply environmental rules and regulations as outlined by Federal, State, and Local governing bodies
- Strong math, science and computer skills.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and adjust quickly to changes in priorities.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, agencies, and community relations.
Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, biology, chemistry, soil science, or a technical and scientific related discipline.
Valid driver’s license with no restriction that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
Amount of travel could be 30-40% of time.
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.