As the Environmental Field Coordinator, you will steward environmental compliance through strategic project planning and execution; providing expertise in liability reduction, environmental and regulatory compliance and reactionary management of environmental issues and challenges that require immediate actions to control, mitigate and resolve at operational sites within Canadian Natural’s Central Alberta conventional Properties.
- Execute projects and programs efficiently through planning and organizing of work and identification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage environmental reporting and compliance obligations at sites that have AER approvals/permits, including monthly and annual reporting and soil and groundwater monitoring where required
- Manage risk assessment and remediation activities at operating sites for interim liability reduction, including site prioritization, budgeting, and project management of onsite personnel
- Participate in the implementation of Canadian Natural’s Environmental Management System, including communication and training for field employees and contractors
- Perform field inspections to identify environmental compliance issues and to identify opportunities to prevent or mitigate future environmental liabilities
- Work with Safety and Compliance groups and Operations personnel to address issues and liabilities
- Manage initial spill responses, and oversee site activities of spill consultants and contractors
- Ensure up to date and accurate information is tracked in Canadian Natural Databases
- Job location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5×2 – Monday to Friday
- Eligible for relocation to the local area pursuant to Canadian Natural’s relocation policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the oil and gas industry and a degree in environmental science or a related discipline
- Effective and efficient project management execution is critical to this role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with accuracy and attention to detail are a must
- Field experience relating to the following will be considered an asset:
- Environmental risk assessment, risk management and remediation as they pertain to liability management, regulatory compliance and spill response
- A working knowledge of the provincial and federal environmental legislation
- Experience with oil and gas facilities and processes (specific to Western Canadian oil and gas operations)
- A working knowledge of siteview and familiarity with data management systems
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is May 28, 2023. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment