ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
- Directly supports and coordinates the implementation of EHS Management systems and key processes within Operations and Contractors.
- Ensure complaince with all regulatory requirements (Federal, State, and local), company policies, and the Company’s Environmental, Health and Safety Management System.
- Provide guidance and assurance to Process Safety Management (PSM)/Risk Management Plan (RMP) regulations and work processes.
- Guide teams in identifying process hazards, evaluating the risk of those hazards, and assist in the identification/development of effective solutions to mitigate risk.
- Read and understand Piping and Instrument Diamgrams (P&ID’s) to ensure effectiveness and inclusion of safety critical equipment.
- Lead Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) on existing and new processes.
- Provide oversight and conduct audits for Pre Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Ensures appropriate interfaces are established with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Develops effective working relationships with Operational and General management personnel to ensure expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Manage all necessary EHS permits along with ensuring all site personnel have the appropriate training in accordance with all legal and other requirements.
- Implement and manage all environmental issues related to production operations and activities.
- Coordinate site EHS risk assessments and activities to understand and prioritize activities for the site.
- Ensure that all required documentation and records are maintained and available as required.
- Coordinate all required internal and external environmental audits, including compliance inspections.
- Proactively report to site management all EHS issues that arise.
- Assist in preparation and distribute required communication of site contingency, emergency, and risk prevention plans.
- Provide assistance and guidance to operations personnel during spill and emergency response.
- Participate and lead incident investigations, root cause analyses, and development of effective corrective actions, as well as incident case management and reporting.
- Provide safety leadership coaching to operations and contractor leaders to drive safety improvements.
- Develop close working relationships with contractor support and understand importance of contractor management to provide positive direction to field personnel.
- Collaborate with other Hess Safety representatives to share best practices, corrective actions, and process improvements reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Strong background in process safety fundamentals
- Ability to read and understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Good written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate people.
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter and willing to initiate and implement key EHS procedures and processes
- Oil and gas and/or gas plant operations experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a science, engineering or industry-related field, preferred
- Knowledge of ND state and federal regulations and experience with permitting issues, data collection and reporting and site reclamations
- 3 years environmental experience or government/training experience, preferred
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 60%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 40%
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Environment Health & Safety | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | No | 25805
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.