ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The GOM EHS Specialist position is an office-based position supporting the GOM organization. The position has primary responsibility in maintain and updating EHS data, dashboards, graphs and procedures/plans. This position works closely with a wide range of GOM personnel both onshore and offshore. The position supports a wide range of GOM functions such as Production, D&C, MRI, GSC, Finance and others regarding EHS activities. In addition to internal relationships, the EHS Specialist will also interact with external stakeholders, as applicable.
Day to day activities of the position are focused on supporting the overall GOM asset in EHS data management, dashboard development and managing KPI metrics. The position also requires the ability to act as a scribe for HAZOPS/risk assessments, associated report preparation and action item tracking. Other key activities include ISN and SempCheck data management, ability to participate in procedure and plan updates from a technical writer perspective and manage the overall GOM EHS data, metrics and supporting systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain EHS and Regulatory asset data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Administrate, manage, and support EHS systems and processes that involve injuries, audits/inspections, observations, and internal/external reporting and compliance.
- Develop and maintain EHS dashboards, graphs and trending analysis for offshore Production and D&C operations.
- Maintain incident management data and tracking in Synergi.
- Maintain and update the GOM EHS SharePoint and Teams sites.
- Assist in updating and technical writing associated with EHS policies, procedures and plans.
- Ability to act as a scribe for HAZOPS and risk assessments.
- Report preparation and action tracking for HAZOPS and risk assessments ensuring actions are addressed accordingly.
- Acts as primary point of contact for ISN data management and reporting.
- Member of Hess GOM Incident Management Team member (ICS 100/200 organization structure) in the Liaison or relevant role based on experience.
- Act as SempCheck data technician and participates in data QA/QC process.
- Collaborate with assets to provide EHS data and report support
- Minimum 5 years of experience in EHS function. Offshore GOM knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- Knowledge of EHS terminology, performance data, key programs and overall purpose of EHS function.
- General knowledge of E&P operations and associated EHS support to operations.
- Experience in participating, scribe, report preparation and action tracking for risk assessments, HAZOPS and other relevant group activities.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant EHS experience.
- Relevant EHS qualifications.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Environment Health & Safety | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25769
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.