Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Environmental Manager within our Deer Park PVC/KOH Plant located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Propose and monitor implementation of action plans to correct environmental deficiencies.
- Develop and implement programs to comply with federal, state and local environmental regulations, permit requirements, internal policies and standards at the PVC resin and anhydrous KOH manufacturing facilities and caustic terminal facility located on site.
- Prepare reports associated with environmental performance (e.g., DMR, emissions, spills, etc.).
- Assist facility with wastewater and solid waste monitoring, sampling and testing programs and activities as needed to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements and permit limitations.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with local, state, and federal authorities concerning all releases of chemicals to the environment on a 24-hour per day basis
- Participate in audits and other regulatory compliance assurance activities.
- Coordinate plant inspection programs to ensure compliance with TCEQ, EPA and corporate standards.
- Provide environmental training to all levels of plant personnel, write/update procedures to meet permit limits, and audit operating performance.
- Identify plant environmental issues and provide management direction to departments as necessary to correct deficiencies.
- Assess impact of newly proposed, issued or revised regulations and recommend procedure modifications as appropriate.
- Review environmental impacts of capital construction projects.
- Provide oversight on engineering projects to satisfy environmental, health and safety objectives.
- Prepare environmental permit applications and negotiate permit conditions with regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemical, Environmental, Civil, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or equivalent) with a minimum of five year’s environmental experience. Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, such as EPA and TCEQ.
- Knowledge in air media is required. Additional knowledge in wastewater and solid waste media is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and priority setting abilities.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Deer Park
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.