Work includes ensuring regulatory and quality standards compliance for environmental issues. Performs routine assignments under moderate supervision, requiring knowledge of basic environmental principles, theories and concepts. Assists EHS leadership in addressing environmental, health and safety related issues as directed with primary focus being environmental compliance and risk mitigation and control. Provides support to the operating Divisions, Division EHS, and Corporate Departments to assist in compliance with environmental regulations and Devon’s EHS Protocols and Programs.
• Teams with Division EHS, Operating Divisions, and Corporate Departments to ensure that environmental regulatory obligations are fulfilled in a cost-effective manner, and that environmental risks are effectively managed.
• This position will conduct spill response cleanup oversight and reporting, ensure SPCC plans are current and inspections are being performed, assist with pad site reclamation projects, assist with ensuring air compliance regulations are being met, and manage stormwater control issues as needed.
• This position will also assist Operations by ensuring air permit compliance, ensuring Leak Detection & Repair (LDAR) inspection tasks are completed on time, and helping to reduce emissions.
• Assists in the development and delivery of EHS communications in a field environmental compliance role and is responsible for presenting to varied audiences
• Reviews and supports investigation and conducts follow-up for EHS related incidents
• Conducts environmental orientation for new employees
• Assists in developing, gathering, and maintaining environmental data for routine reports, metrics and regulatory documents
• Interface with federal and state/province agencies, i.e., OSHA, EPA, DOT, state/province Environmental/Safety Agencies, etc. as required
• Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, Natural Resources Management, or other related technical discipline required with at least 5 years’ experience
• Must possess a working understanding / familiarity of the following environmental principles and concepts:
– Spill response, clean-up, and reporting
– SPCC Compliance
– Air Leak Detection & Repair (LDAR) Best Practices
– E&P Waste Management (drill cuttings, fluids, spill wastes, water recycling)
– Familiarity with air permitting compliance pertaining to oil/gas facilities
– Site reclamation and weed control
– Stormwater Management
• Must possess a strong field experience background, and have strong independent decision-making abilities
• Related professional regulatory or EHS experience in the oil and gas industry preferred
• Familiarity with TRRC, TCEQ, and State of New Mexico oil and gas industry air, water and waste permitting/compliance experience preferred
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements, and ability to research them
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
• High-level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Live in or be willing to relocate to the local operating area as required by the Company
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.