Equipment Millwright Apprentice
If you are an Equipment Millwright Apprentice looking to further your skills and experience, then please read on…
Precision Drilling now has an opening at our Nisku location for an Equipment Millwright Apprentice, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match and long-term disability coverage.
- An inclusive work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
In the position of Apprentice Millwright, the successful applicant will be required to install, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment owned by Precision Drilling.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures;
- Operating forklifts and loaders for moving heavy machinery and parts;
- Operating overhead cranes and jibs for moving heavy machinery and parts;
- Assist in the assembly/disassembly/inspection of gear, chain, and belt driven systems.
- Assist in alignment of drive couplings, belt pulleys, and electric motors of various horsepower ratings
- Performing preventive and operational maintenance on all types of rig equipment
- Preforming housekeeping duties within the shop, yard, and field
- Extended travel outside the DSC to remote locations to preform rig repairs and service
- Afterhours/weekend/holiday work, as required
Knowledge & Skills
Have problem solving and troubleshooting abilities;
Have knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatic systems;
Have the physical strength required to work with heavy equipment; and,
Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work unsupervised or in group setting
Good reading and writing comprehension of the English language
Strong safety culture
Grade 12 diploma and/or pre-apprenticeship training from qualified technical institute and/or strong mechanical background
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.