Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Equipment Technician in our Onshore Resources & Carbon Management, Rockies Business Unit based in Platteville, Colorado.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing support in implementation of chemical treatments by setting new equipment
- Managing inventory of chemical injection equipment including tanks, pumps, and secondary containment
- Maintaining chemical injection equipment by tracking and completing repairs
- Upholding continuous improvement of the safe and efficient operation of chemical injection equipment
- Addressing training needs and providing documentation
- Developing and maintaining SOPs for equipment installation and maintenance
- Commissioning equipment and adjusting dosage rates according to engineering and SME recommendations
- Upload all chemical tanks to OXY’s associated assets.
- Packing replacement and adjustment
- Plunger replacement
- Replace check valve if needed
- Establish efficient draw down in sight-glass of chemical for correct flowrates
- Make sure all air pockets are bleed-off for efficient drawdown.
- Put necessary labeling and hazmat labeling on tank if missing.
- Installing proper signage on chemical skids
- Move and transfer chemical and nuisance tanks
- Unplug stainless steel lines
- Install injection points at wellheads
- LOTO DSA prior to job Blow down DSA
- Multi-Points Inspection prior to commission duties
- Ensure SDS is located on chemical tank
- Chemical skid is grounded
- Ensure Tank is set in Proper EAC
- Inline checks are installed in correct position both on the chemical skid and the wellhead injection point.
- Valve alignment on/inside pump skid are correctly aligned for start-up
- Valve alignment on wellhead are correctly aligned for start-up
- Air has been bled out of pump heads
- Once pressurized, all fitting are checked for tightness and leaks
- Verify analog IO are reading properly
- Test all systems shut – downs (high PSI, low PSI, ESD, low flow)
- ESD is test remotely through cygnet
- Motor control card is adjusted accordingly
- Set pump rates
Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- Understanding of importance of environmental and safe work practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer utilizing a windows environment
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Understanding of Business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions
- At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Working knowledge of and proficient in MS Excel, Tibco Spotfire, MS Power, Point MS Teams.
- Proficient at basic project management / SAP data entry and extraction
- Basic experience with the fundamentals of process safety
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Production Ops
– United States-Colorado-Platteville
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.