Supporting EOG’s commitment to Sustainability, Environmental, Social, and Governance, the ESG Specialist will support the development and execution of EOG’s ESG reporting.
- Contribute to the development and publication of EOG’s annual sustainability report, including data gathering and content development to support alignment with stakeholder expectations.
- Understand and apply ESG reporting frameworks and collect, validate, calculate, and aggregate ESG data for reporting.
- Review ESG rating agency requirements and scores to assist in development of disclosure strategy and rating agency engagement
- Assist in conducting research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning and goal setting to support effective ESG reporting
- Build relationships across the company to identify ESG and sustainability opportunities.
- Compile information and formulate data to support the Stakeholder Relations and Communication in the development of key messages for use by senior management in meetings with investors, customers, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop effective presentations and other materials as required.
- Maintain expertise in ESG trends and standards.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Public Policy or related field preferred. High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related ESG business experience, including in-depth understanding of sustainability and corporate responsibility, and ESG reporting including rating agencies, ESG trends and metrics and ESG disclosure frameworks.
- Oil and gas industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to take complex data and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Strategic orientation and business acumen. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to anticipate future ESG expectations to provide strategic advice.
- Team effectiveness and ability coordinate and work with a wide range of skills and knowledge sets across the company to support the drafting of ESG content.
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to develop, implement and manage projects.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze, interpret and manage ESG data .
- Strong knowledge of ESG rating methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, as well as ability to work with in-house data applications.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartsearchonline.com.