Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are currently looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Cyber Security Data Protection Analyst within our Cyber Security Threat Intelligence & Analytics team based in Houston, TX.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Cyber Security Threat Intelligence & Analytics team and will be responsible for the implementation and management of data protection standards and tool capabilities at Oxy. The role will also participate from a data protection perspective in identifying, triaging, filtering, and documenting vulnerabilities and threats across the enterprise and working with business unit partners to resolve security matters in a timely manner. In addition, the chosen candidate will also be assigned to work as a part of the CSIRT during high severity cyber security incidents and events. Some essential functions of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with business units to help develop data classification guidelines and standards
- Develop processes to control access to data and prevent data loss
- Define technical requirements for data protection tools and capabilities
- Monitor for data loss security events
- Implement user and entity behavioral analytics (UEBA) capabilities
- Work with IT Governance, Risk and Compliance team to implement security controls needed for GDPR and other security regulations
- Identify and track threat actors and disseminate indicators of compromise to the Security Operations teams
- Work with the Security Operations team to identify potential threats by analyzing security incidents and events
- Produce well written, clear and actionable intelligence reports at the strategic, operational and tactical levels
- Become part of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team during high severity security incidents
- Participate in insider threat investigations
- Work with sensitive and confidential information while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, professionalism, and ethics
- Other security-related projects that may be assigned according to skills
Candidates for this role must have direct experience with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / related area of study
- Strong ethics and professionalism
- Minimum of +2 years of experience with Cyber Security data protection or data loss prevention
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills (Waterfall and/or Scrum)
- CISSP or data protection certification is highly desirable
- Experience with data loss prevention tools and capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with data analytics using AI and machine learning
- Experience working with legal, HR and compliance teams
- Experience in incident response, threat hunting and investigations
- Ability to track and manage large data sets
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Information Technology
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.